Author Topic: what to do?  (Read 13098 times)

.dodger.

• Dodger - Forever In my Heart
  • I live for dogs
    • My Flickr Account
Re: what to do?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 11:02:36 AM »
Boooooooooooring!   I agree with laura. Dodger needs a path to travel.    If I were you Laura, I would start the Dodge on tracking, I think he'd love it.   Who cares about all that regular obedience stuff  ;)  He's a wonderful loving boy who has a wonderful mum.  Work on tracking and if he's naughty, menh, so what. Just have fun with him and he'll love it.  He's a big rambunctious fun loving lad, so find a pastime that rewards his best attributes.  8)

In the NAVHDA hunting aptitude tests, dogs that are basically "out of control" are highly praised..so there's a place for everyone even the gruesome twosome ...remote control dogs are dull dull dull  ;D

I know transport is a big problem for you Laura,...are dogs allowed on trains, buses?  How about trying to work out a carpool with a tracking club? In my experience clubs of all sorts will go out of their way to attract and keep new young members.
lol thanks Nick ;D :-*

Yep pooches are allowed on buses etc - IF they behave, if a dog Dodgers size was out of control theyd probably kick Laura off without a seconds thought  :)
yup we've been travelling the buses since he was 8 weeks old - so buses are no problem. Haven't thought about trains before :)

how about a heelwork to music routine...you can do that by yourself and if it gets fluent enough enter in some fun comps
:D :D i can just see dodger now! got lots of things to think about so thank you everyone :-*

little miss me:)

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 01:58:23 PM »
how about buying/making some simple pieces of agility equipment for your garden so you can practice at home?
its great fun :)

.dodger.

• I live for dogs
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 03:37:10 PM »
we used to go to agility but again 40 for 8 weeks we probably managed to go 3 times then the money issue kicks in lol - it stucks being 16 lol once i'm 17 and can drive there'll be no problem with getting places ect ::)

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 03:54:45 PM »
aww yea i know, it is difficult. i'm 18 and had to rely on my mum or my friend to take me. which area do u live in?

kizkiznobite

• What you click for is what you get!
  • Global Moderator
  • I give up with naming this level!
  • my bed !!
    • Kizkiznobite
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 03:55:18 PM »
as stated above ...northumberland

.dodger.

• I live for dogs
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »
yup as bev said northumberland :)

it's a pain isn't it especially when you don't get on with your parents so they are even more reluclant to drive anywhere ::)

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »
ooh right. yea tricky one :-\
well good luck with everything, hopefully u can get something sorted for you and your doggie :)

.dodger.

• I live for dogs
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 04:20:42 PM »
isn't it just ::) lol thanks anyway :-*

TobyTeaCosy and Angela

• TobyTeaCosy
  • Ruled by dogs member
  • TobyTeaCosy in his first week with us
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 05:17:47 PM »
I know its not exactly the most active/challenging thing to do but what about a dog walking group, you might find it good to be with like-minded people and Dodger could charge about with the other dogs to his hearts content, just a thought!

.dodger.

• I live for dogs
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 05:19:21 PM »
there is a group of dogs that i let him off with but i was looking more to the side of a job type thing. I know i may be able to go to flyball with him just trying to persuade the parent to take me :D

dogloverwoooo!

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 02:41:30 PM »
u can get dvds and books about training and also HWTM. teach yourself and your doggy a few things! its a gr8 way to build up your bond! could progress onto more advanced things such as retrieve and present or send aways :)

emma_pen

• Dog Obsessed Level
    • Ruffdogs Forum
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2008, 08:10:30 AM »
Are we going to see you on our new Flyball starters course next week? I hope so!

.dodger.

• I live for dogs
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 08:54:25 PM »
lol i think so emma although at the NESSR show we had a go at it and we got invited straight into the intermediate class cuase he was so good ;D ;D

we've found are 'what to do'!!!!  ;D ;D ;D All these k9 police tv shows got me really annoyed that i couldn't so anything so i thought i'd train dodger into the one and only street cash detection dog! he can now scent and find 20 pound notes in around 2-4 mins depending on how hard i hide it. We are starting slowly but he's caught on to it so fast it's unreal :D :D

emma_pen

• Dog Obsessed Level
    • Ruffdogs Forum
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 09:02:54 PM »
That's great! Were you at NESSR Saturday or Sunday? I don't think I saw you!

.dodger.

• I live for dogs
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 09:03:35 PM »
the saturday - don't think i saw you either :(