Author Topic: Please....  (Read 1289 times)

SuzAndTheDiva

• Global Moderator
  • I give up with naming this level!
  • The Blonde One!
    • HoneyComb Dog Grooming
Please....
« on: June 10, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
keep fingers crossed for my poor manny - he got bitten ( we think) by something early yesterday morning within an hour it was swollen on his side and he couldnt bear it to be touched.........within 2 hours ( when vet sopened) it had more than tripled in size, vets gave him various jabs ( my antihistamine wasnt touching it!!) and he came home with antibiotics and hibiscrub - couldnt touch him to wash it yesterday but hes had it washed a couple times today to no avail, it looks awful, he was sick when he had the first lot of antibis this morning but has so far kept the second lot down - his sides a weeping ozzing mass of pus, to be honest im horrified , i was at a dog grooming show today and so my friend cared for him but unless a miracle happens overnight were be back at vets tomorrow as it needs more treatment poss a drain its that bad - im worried about him hes very quite and sleeping a lot :(

Izzie

• Call me Miss FdSc....
  • Global Moderator
  • Doggie maniac
  • fat kid running...
Re: Please....
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 01:51:16 PM »
Poor baby boy  :(

How is he today Suz?  :-*

SuzAndTheDiva

• Global Moderator
  • The Blonde One!
    • HoneyComb Dog Grooming
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:44:30 PM »
Picked him up from the vets about 3pm - hes got very bad eyes now puring gunk so got eye drops to help that, not sure if its connected or a coincidence....

the vets sedated him shaved all the hair off as it was just glued to his skin where it was oozing so much fluid! Its VERY sore, hence the sedation he wouldnt even let me do it :( hes got cream plus antibiotics - the creams fun im having to pin him down to put it on hes so sore.

just got to see how he goes now......

Diesel73

• Doggie maniac
  • I am the true irresistible black, bouncy Belgian.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 08:17:12 AM »
Vet got any idea what bit him yet? Poor little one, fingers crossed here.
He is your friend, partner, defender, and your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

SuzAndTheDiva

• Global Moderator
  • The Blonde One!
    • HoneyComb Dog Grooming
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 08:44:45 PM »
nope were really none the wiser its dried out a bit today though hes stilll very very sore !

Val

• Global Moderator
  • Dog Obsessed Level
    • Karakara Bearded Collies
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »
Hope he is OK he's not been near any Adders has he?

Do not resent growing old.
Many are denied the privilege
If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion

SuzAndTheDiva

• Global Moderator
  • The Blonde One!
    • HoneyComb Dog Grooming
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »
No Val, hed only been in the gardeN when it happened no adders in my garden were too much in the city.

He looks a lot better today - its all drying up and i can rub the cream on now without him jumping 20 foot in the air! it looks horrid but he is happier in himself and playing again - well he wants to not much he can do with a bucket on his head but he cant have that off yet!