Author Topic: Schnauzers  (Read 8513 times)

desertdreamer

• This is our Angel Greta
Re: Schnauzers
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 02:33:27 AM »
I have a friend in England with three ps/gs.   Fritz looks like a sweetie!

Gemsy

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 03:22:45 PM »
better start learning german then  :)
:D :D I do talk to Floyd in German sometimes, hahaha. Mein liebling mittelschnauzer :D A giant came bounding over to us in the forest the other day and I squealed so loudly "awww it's a GIANT FLOYD!" and I think the owner thought I was a nutter.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 03:25:06 PM by Gemsy »

Borstal Barkers

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 07:33:39 AM »
I am just about to start CD/UD/WD/TD and PD. I have seen a giant doing some obedience the other day at a show and it looked great, however, with the high scale required, 6 foot, I.m not sure a giant's shoulders will hold out, so looking at a standard, preferebly black. watched 1 in germany doing it's manwork, fantastic to watch.

Sweetypye

• Dog Obsessed Level
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
I think what you mean is that you are just about to start Working Trials, you have to qualify CD first before going on to the other stakes (in championship anyway)!

There have been Giant Schnauzers worked here as Police Dogs and several compete on the continent in Schutzhund, Mondio etc. However the breeding in the UK generally produces a different type of dog.

Irish Wolfhounds and Great Danes to name but two giant breeds have qualified in Working Trials over the 6ft scale.

A miniature schnauzer had qualified in Working Trials and I seem to remember a standard years ago.  Not sure they would be up to the manwork in the UK though!