Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog Food Rated and Reviewed

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Dog Food Rated and Reviewed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Prem2Pram

Came across this site that reviews and rates dog food and thought it might be of interest.
    Their FAQ explains how they rate the food.  I found brands sold here in the UK given a 4, 3, 2 and 1 rating.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog-food-index-a.html

Diesel73

What  ??? . In UK not sold fresh froozen dogmeat? The brand Duck is available in UK too now. Fresh froozen raw food.

GSPmad

first link with their star ratings lost me a bit – wasn’t entirely convinced by some of the ratings for some things – but the analysis in the seond link was quite good to follow.

though it has worried me that the james wellbeloved ocean white fish and rice they say ‘the manufacturer does not claim to use ethoxyquin free sources’  :-\  ???

but they don’t say that with the turkey and rice.

*Lassie*

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11883.msg227311#msg227311 date=1214685202]
    What  ??? . In UK not sold fresh froozen dogmeat? The brand Duck is available in UK too now. Fresh froozen raw food.
    [/quote]

We can get frozen raw meat for dogs here Diesel 😉
    The website seems to be American/Canada, and is just ratings on dry food 😉

Prem2Pram

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=11883.msg227427#msg227427 date=1214766961]
    [/quote]

The website does cover wet food too and I understand if a food is not rated you can request a review.

what struck me was how many brands there were its amazing, goes to show there is alot of money to be made in that market!

Diesel73

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11883.msg227311#msg227311 date=1214685202]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    I thought so. Carnibest and other brands i not know but Duck is Belgian. Was while ago they promoting to be sold in UK too for the first time. Can’t remember when, but not so long ago.

[quote author=minpin link=topic=11883.msg227497#msg227497 date=1214806998]
    [/quote]

The website does cover wet food too and I understand if a food is not rated you can request a review.
    [/quote]
    Ahyes, the wet food i saw too. But them rating Duck….  ::) hmmm, how can you judge something right only by paper. Doubt Amerika-Canada have any experience with Duck  :-\ . It sold Benelux since 70′. Since year or so in UK too, but not further away, i think.

GSPmad

am still wondering about the ethoxyquin….  :-\

kizkiznobite

havnt had chance to read the link yet but re ethoxyquin…
    i saved this link a while ago that i found on a bird site when looking something up for maureen

http://www.avianweb.com/ethoxyquin.htm

GSPmad

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=11883.msg228042#msg228042 date=1215072958]
    havnt had chance to read the link yet but re ethoxyquin…
    i saved this link a while ago that i found on a bird site when looking something up for maureen

http://www.avianweb.com/ethoxyquin.htm
    [/quote]

this is why it worries me that they don’t state it is ethoxyquin free.  :-\ 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime