Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Killer dogs

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Killer dogs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/1.133151

The owner works with me, its been very sad i would like people’s opinions here and then i will tell you what has happened since the incident  😉

wags

to be fair really its no ones fault

the owners of the dogs did what they could
    and the owners of the cat did what they could

yes if i was the owner of the cat i would be pritty peeved as well
    and i suppose the owners of the dogs could have done more especially training their dogs to be more tollerant of cats

i do however have this on going battle with myself about cats
    – people let their cats out to do what ever they wish
    – they terrorise peoples pet rabbits or in my case ferrets (however since the big hob got hold of a cat and gave it what for we rarelly see cats anymore)
    – they cr*p in peoples gardens
    – run infront of cars
    etc etc
    if i let my dogs do that id be in a whole world of poo

its not really responsible pet ownership really is it – in the big scheme of things

ive let my dogs chase cats off cr*pping in my garden – but then i know i can recall my dogs away

oh and my mum used to work for the NWEM  😀

Anonymous

I dare say they have blamed the dogs.
    In my opinion no dog should kill a cat as we all know they are free ranging creatures, this one was stupid to go into a dogs garden but these thing happen, if it happened here the pekes would try to make friends but the beardies would chase it out, they would not try to kill it, as they know better and are trained better, so should these dogs have been.
    As Bev showed on the Cubert topic introduce them young they then may still like to chase but not kill.
    I feel sorry for both sides but if doG forbid it had happened here I would have knocked on all the doors around me to find the cats owners also would have taken the body to a vet to have it scanned but thats just me
    Val
    PS Thought the picture was a bit posed was it really necessary for the baby to pose with the dogs

wags

uh uh have thought of lots more relevent to this but got to get Joe from school  ::)

yep the pic was posed and they deliberatly asked for the baby to be in the picture i believe that was to infer how safe the dogs were (personally i think that was not the best idea, but thats just me).

i won’t say anything else until wags has finished  🙂

wags

ok

my friend Colin had 2 staffies break into his garden and they killed his two pet ferrets – now again its not really the dogs fault they are just doing what dogs do – the owners of the dogs couldnt appolagize enough
    only thing is Colin is a bird behaviourist (if there is such a thing) and has a few avaries in his garden – so you see where im going with that sort of thing

another of my thoughts was – would anyone have even noticed if it was poodles or anything other than a bull breed ?

p.s. i hate cats  😀

*Lassie*

– people let their cats out to do what ever they wish
    – they terrorise peoples pet rabbits or in my case ferrets (however since the big hob got hold of a cat and gave it what for we rarelly see cats anymore)
    – they cr*p in peoples gardens
    – run infront of cars
    etc etc
    if i let my dogs do that id be in a whole world of poo

its not really responsible pet ownership really is it – in the big scheme of things

Sorry Wags but you can’t get a cat to be like a dog,
    Cats are very much free spirits  😉

I have three cats and two dogs, the dogs learn right from the start not to harm the cats. Tam will chase Bramble BUT she entices him to chase, it’s a game between them but he is very protective of her.

In hindsight, yes the dogs should have been taught not to kill, and the owners could have let the local vets know what had happened to the cat.
    I would be wary of leaving the dogs near any small animal now  🙁
    I would also avoid leaving the Baby alone with them too.

Anonymous

Wags really  😮 doing what dogs do sorry I do not agree, I do think the cat owner would have been just as upset had it been poodle or beardie, their dogs no matter what the breed killed a cat and they buried it without a lot of though for the cat owner.
    Val
    A Cat Lover not that it matters

[quote author=wags link=topic=11904.msg227769#msg227769 date=1214932888]
    ok

my friend Colin had 2 staffies break into his garden and they killed his two pet ferrets – now again its not really the dogs fault they are just doing what dogs do – the owners of the dogs couldnt appolagize enough
    only thing is Colin is a bird behaviourist (if there is such a thing) and has a few avaries in his garden – so you see where im going with that sort of thing

another of my thoughts was – would anyone have even noticed if it was poodles or anything other than a bull breed ?

p.s. i hate cats  😀
    [/quote]

wags

but if it had been a poodle would it have made the paper  ??? i dont think it would
    yes of course the owner would be upset no matter what but staffy kills cat makes papers poodle kills cat wouldnt get anywhere near the paper

Cats arnt like dogs very true – but if you cant be responsible for your cat and know where it is then thats not really responsible ownership

i cant let Joe play in the garden because its full of cat sh*t

i cant let my dogs out side because theres cats everywhere

i have a double layer of wyre accross the ferret hutch because oh guess what cats try to attack the ferrets

there was a car accident down the road because two cats shot accross the road and the person slamed on

and yet non of it gets in the local paper because its not a dog and dog owners – cats being free spirits is not a suitable excuse for lack of responsibility

*Nick*

In my opinion it’s not acceptable or just dogs being dogs to kill cats.  Fault lies entirely with the dogs owners if you ask me. I also consider it cowardly to throw the cat in a bag and bury it without any attempt to find the owner.    I also find it interesting that the dog owners attempt to detract from their responsibility by saying it was on “their property” . maybe they should move to America so they can pull out their shotgun and blow anyone or anything away that steps foot on their precious property.   I’m sorry zerlinda if these people are friends of yours but they are less than impressive.  

I am so sick and tired of apologists for the bully breeds. They are timebombs, the fuse may never get lit, but far far too often it does.

I can see HOW it happened, our bloody neighbours cat is always in our garden and on more than one occasion strolled into our HOUSE – now Honey only chases if Buster does, Busters so slow the cats gone before hes got his @rse out the doorway….Honey wouldnt harm a fly, if she did get close to it shed want to be friends, Buster wouldnt kill it – heavens he caught a duck once and just stood there paw on it looking like what do I do now  ::)

So yes cats can be a nuisance, and i get fed up with the neighbours cats coming in, but feel safe in the knowledge that at least neither dog would do anything – but its still a pain.

What can I say – they obviously buried the cat doing what they thought was best, if they were really such horrible people they would of kept quiet about the incident – chances are no one would ever have known.

But its also very distressing for the cats owner, and no the dogs shouldnt of killed the cat – but sometimes shit happens. I certainly dont think the dogs should be penalised for what happened.

kizkiznobite

from a behaviour point of view….the dogs have now had success – they packed up and hunted and killed – and that is a future worry for the owners

next door but one’s cats come into the garden – they torment the dogs from the trees  😀 if more than one dog is out i allow the bark off but Mo or I will shoo them out – i wont allow a pack chase – and i wont allow sam to chase off at all – falkor doesnt bother about them  – and ami is allowed a cued chase only if they getting on her nerves – she wows to tell us – but is not allowed a chase/contact — they all know it only when they in our garden that they warn and not on the path or front of the house

so when we go to clients  – like reds house they know that cat chasing in general is not allowed hence ami and cubert that day meeting pete and the other 3 cats – they not allowed to chase squirrels either – in fact they only allowed to hunt anything on cue…..

and i guess they at least buried the cat and didnt just chuck it somewhere but yes – they could have made a better effort to search for the cat’s owner

*Lassie*

Cats arnt like dogs very true – but if you cant be responsible for your cat and know where it is then thats not really responsible ownership

The only way of doing that is to NEVER let the cat out of the house ::)

there was a car accident down the road because two cats shot accross the road and the person slamed on

Think you will find you have to report an accident if you hit a dog but if you hit a cat you don’t, in fact you can slow up only if safe to do so.

wags

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=11904.msg227818#msg227818 date=1214941877]

The only way of doing that is to NEVER let the cat out of the house ::)

[/quote]

so its alright to let it poo all over someones garden ?
    and terrorise there small animals ?

I think you must keep going regardless of if its a dog cat or a bird. According to my driving instructor who told me off numerous times for slowing to not hit birds. She said you will fail a test if you do that on it – I said fine least i wont have a dead bird on my conscience  >:D I did also ask if the same applied to kids but she wouldnt answer me  ???  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime