Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Ok this IS annoying me… and apprently is a common problem!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Ok this IS annoying me… and apprently is a common problem!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

…Cat Poo… Well at least I think that’s what it is! Mum thought it might be fox poo but I’m not convinced…

Either way, Izzy loves the horrid stuff and I don’t know what to do to stop her eating it! Everytime I/she find’s some, I pick it up straight away and give her a firm “NO”, but that doens’t stop her finding more! We’ve gone 2 days now without finding some but I know as soon as she does she’s going to want to eat it! Disgusting labrabor!

I’ve done a bit of surfing and it seems to be a problem with no real solution? I guess make sure she recalls everytime without question or what she’s sniffing at the time??

Anonymous

hi,

cat poop, rabbit poop, horse poop, fox poop, their own poop …. all provides gorgeous feast for wee greedy poopies lol !!!

yours just eats it – be thankful, mine roll in it MUCH more smelly euwwwwwww !!!

yep – a recall would do it for now, then re: what i said about her leash walking – a “leaveit” (for something she hasnt reached yet but is looking longingly at) or a “dead” (for something mid-chew) mmmmmm scrummy !!!

claire x

Anonymous

Oh yeah she’s found fox poo on the paddock too… and rolled in it…

She found out that it was a lot of fun… She also found out that bath time isn’t nearly as much fun as the fox poo…

GSPmad

will watch with interest to see what solution is… mine eat and roll….  >:D

and the way dorain’s breath smelt one day in the woods – let’s just say don’t think it was animal poo he’d been eating.  :-X :-X he couldn’t nderstand why i wouldn’t let him near me….  ??? >:D

im sorry to say but stan gets shouted at if he eats any kind of poo >:D

This is a new one on me, eating it  😮 Toby is a sniff it for a minute or two then walk on, or pee over it, kind of guy, no rolling or eating for us!

GSPmad

[quote author=TobyTeaCosy and Angela link=topic=12069.msg232021#msg232021 date=1216812268]
    This is a new one on me, eating it  😮 Toby is a sniff it for a minute or two then walk on, or pee over it, kind of guy, no rolling or eating for us!
    [/quote]

oh you lucky lucky person you.  >:D am very envious….

xtine

tomato ketchup is what you need to get rid of the fox poo on the coat…

and cat poo… eeeeeeerrrrch.. i nearly chucked when fritz ate some and breathed in my face  :-X

Anonymous

Had a friend that had this problem, at night the cats used to get in her garden and in the morning her dogs would eat it so before she let them out she when on a cat poo hunt then sprinkled Paprika on the poo that soon stopped it  ;D

xtine

[quote author=Val link=topic=12069.msg232095#msg232095 date=1216826053]
    Had a friend that had this problem, at night the cats used to get in her garden and in the morning her dogs would eat it so before she let them out she when on a cat poo hunt then sprinkled Paprika on the poo that soon stopped it  ;D
    [/quote]
    😀

Anonymous

Cass is a bugger for rolling in fox poo. I have to watch her like a hawk in the park, i can usually stop her just as she is about to roll by shouting ‘NO’, then she changes her mind and does a little wee on it instead. lol

Anonymous

mine will ‘leaveit’ now – thank goodness !!!!

Anonymous

I have always done this with the beardies sometimes one will have a roll behind my back, none of my pekes have even done it they don’t eat unless I give it to them and they would never roll in anything far to royal for that  ;D

[quote author=Mark. link=topic=12069.msg232101#msg232101 date=1216828672]
    Cass is a bugger for rolling in fox poo. I have to watch her like a hawk in the park, i can usually stop her just as she is about to roll by shouting ‘NO’, then she changes her mind and does a little wee on it instead. lol
    [/quote]

yep teach the ‘leave it’ for before they get it in mouth and ‘dead’ (not done this one yet) for once its in there  🙂

i’m not sure if there is a post on teaching the leave it? anyone?

GSPmad

[quote author=zerlinda link=topic=12069.msg232406#msg232406 date=1216983302]
    yep teach the ‘leave it’ for before they get it in mouth and ‘dead’ (not done this one yet) for once its in there  🙂

i’m not sure if there is a post on teaching the leave it? anyone?
    [/quote]

wouldn’t fancy taking it out of their mouth though.  :-X :-X :-X

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime