Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

what to do?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Advanced Dog Training what to do?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

I really want to do something with dodger but have no clue what? I know things aren’t the best because of me not driving but my mam says if i can find something that will get dodger active and using his mind that isn’t tooo far away – she’ll think about taking me to and fro.
    I’ve thought of agility and flyball as he is obsessed with his balls but he’s just totally lost intrest in the both. :-\ The nearest working trials is about an hour and a half away so that is really going to have to wait till i can drive but has anyone got any idea’s as to what i can do with him. He loves the tracking games we play, will jump over anything, loves to be active and running and not forgetting his damn obsession with his ball. I really want something to do so that it will get me out and about as well as him active and using his very intelligent mind. ???

Izzie

What about doing some of the K9 multisports, it will give you an idea of what suits you both!

.dodger.

is that like a group type thing? ???

Izzie

http://www.k9multisport.com/

you work towards the different levels, it something that you can do and work out which disciplines you two want to do.

Something to think about.  :-\

sheralike

Whereabouts do you live? 

Anonymous

northumberland

kizkiznobite

it is what falkor did  🙂

.dodger.

umm something to think about! i just think that if he’s doing something it will keep his mind and naughtiness occupied. All these k9 police shows that have just sprung up just made made me want to do it even more. the police want a ball driven shepherd to work with dodger would be the perfect match – i wouldn’t be able to give him over to them so he’s stuck with me and his boring walks round the boring park 😀 ::)

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12083.msg233354#msg233354 date=1217432957]
    it is what falkor did  🙂
    [/quote]
    so do they travel around to do shows type thing or are the suituated in the one place?

Anonymous

hi,

how about doing stuff with him on his boring walk ?

can he do all his basic cues sit / down / drop / off / wait / stay / stand / leaveit / recall / stop

have you got hand, voice, whistle signals for any of them ?

how about cues like  give paw, turn left, turn right, jump up, speak, spin left, spin right ?

claire x

Anonymous

will he “bow down” or roll over ?

.dodger.

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12083.msg233366#msg233366 date=1217435166]
    hi,

how about doing stuff with him on his boring walk ?

can he do all his basic cues sit / down / drop / off / wait / stay / stand / leaveit / recall / stop

have you got hand, voice, whistle signals for any of them ?

how about cues like  give paw, turn left, turn right, jump up, speak, spin left, spin right ?

claire x
    [/quote]

does : sit, down, leave it, steady, wait, stand, recall, left paw, right paw, up, over
    doesn’t do : roll over

out on a walk he…
    does: sit, down, steady, over, up
    doesn’t do : leave it, stop, recall, ect ect
    we going through some issues right now 😉 >:D

Anonymous

how about 1/2 your walk time and do extra training to get his recall better on walks or something like that ?

*Nick*

Boooooooooooring!  I agree with laura. Dodger needs a path to travel.    If I were you Laura, I would start the Dodge on tracking, I think he’d love it.  Who cares about all that regular obedience stuff  😉  He’s a wonderful loving boy who has a wonderful mum.  Work on tracking and if he’s naughty, menh, so what. Just have fun with him and he’ll love it.  He’s a big rambunctious fun loving lad, so find a pastime that rewards his best attributes.  8)

In the NAVHDA hunting aptitude tests, dogs that are basically “out of control” are highly praised..so there’s a place for everyone even the gruesome twosome …remote control dogs are dull dull dull  ;D

I know transport is a big problem for you Laura,…are dogs allowed on trains, buses?  How about trying to work out a carpool with a tracking club? In my experience clubs of all sorts will go out of their way to attract and keep new young members.

Yep pooches are allowed on buses etc – IF they behave, if a dog Dodgers size was out of control theyd probably kick Laura off without a seconds thought  🙂

kizkiznobite

how about a heelwork to music routine…you can do that by yourself and if it gets fluent enough enter in some fun comps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime