Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dodge update

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Dodge update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

Just a quick update on Dodger….

he is still not happy with people, kids or dogs but at least now he is now a well trained dog who is under controlled (at least when he is with me) we can walk past most things with him in a heel close without him budging from my side πŸ™‚ and i am now able to go out for a walk with my friend and her dog which is something i haven’t been able to do in many months.

he still goes back to the ‘old’ dodger when he is with either of my parents but that is more to do with them than him. I am having a little trouble with separation anxiety with him but we are working on it as best as we can πŸ™‚

i still stick to my beliefs that if it were just the two of us he would be ten times better but somethings you just can’t change so we are making the best out of the situation :yes: he doesn’t have to like people, dogs or kids just as long as he is under controlled, well mannered and trained to my personal level of perfection i couldn’t ask for more πŸ™‚

am with him on the kids thingΒ  πŸ˜‰

well done Laura sounds like its going well, just keep at itΒ  :-*

well done laura ;D must admit im not keen on children either πŸ˜€

Anonymous

Good on you Laura for sticking with him :-*

.dodger.

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ it’s a bit of a shame when at least 3/4 of the street has kids ::)

and Sue, his nuts are firmly in place ;D (much to the disgust of my parents ::))

Anonymous

Right decision I think, am sure Dodge thinks so tooΒ  πŸ˜€ are you going to try the CC instead?

.dodger.

not quite sure just yetΒ  :-\ i don’t have the money right now but i don’t think he needs it at this point in time… i defiantly think that if i ever need to reconsider have his nuts chopped off i will go down the CC first πŸ˜‰

*Nick*

Really well done Laura! Good work and keep at it!

and could you all be a bit more reserved withg the cut the nuts off stuff!Β  ouchΒ  :canadian:

.dodger.

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

dodger wasn’t best pleased with those comments either πŸ˜€

thanks Nick :-*

Anonymous

Hi,

I am really pleased dodger is now under your control, I think you were super brave for stepping up and working on this and I am sure that dodge is happier for it also.Β  If the kids bug you – teach him to bark on cue and give them a few woofs – big dog like him they’ll soon move lol πŸ˜€

Are you tackling people, kids or dogs first then ..?Β  Have you got a plan ?Β 

Suz – you fibber, you were great with Harry πŸ™‚

Claire x

.dodger.

thanks Claire :-*

I am tackling dogs first but he seems alright with them now. He still wants to greet them all and will normally do it nicely as long as the other dog is nice – he gets really worked up if we are walking towards a dog that is barking and/or growling at him. It’s that point where i still need to work with him. He is still fab with puppies and just lets them jump all over him. With people i am trying to do a lot of walking with random people. So either walking just behind, over to the side or just in front getting him used to just being around people again.

Kids at the minuet are just a no go area. I’ve told the ones that are being a pain that you can walk over to say hello but you have to say so far away. He is always watching them but seems happy with them at that distance.

There is a guy with a female gsd and a youngish son who i try and walk with. They both no dodger’s problems and if we are out at the same time we just walk round the park together. He soon settles down once he’s been walking with them and sometimes even goes up to the boy with a really nice hello. Like he does with my granda – the first 5 mins aren’t the best but after that he is more than happy to curl up at his feet or give his face a lick. The boy is very well trained with dogs, i guess having a gsd themselves they have taught him all the right things so i think that’s a big thing why dodger feels more comfortable around him.

i can read dodger a lot better now, so i can tell as soon as he starts feeling uncomfortable and immediately remove him from the situation. But overall we haven’t had much trouble lately, touch wood lol

[quote author=piglet link=topic=13311.msg256599#msg256599 date=1231098251]

Suz – you fibber, you were great with Harry πŸ™‚

Claire x
    [/quote]

:embarrass: ahh well Harrys okΒ  :-*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime