Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

puppy questions?

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk puppy questions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

how would you introduce a little puppy to raw feeding and bones?

can puppies be wormed naturaly, ie the pumkin seeds and cheese thing?

what are the best things to keep a pup ocupied so it doesnt chew furniture? 😀

may have more questions later ;D

for the chewing one, stuffed frozen kong……. keeps them busy for hours  😉

*Nat*

Ok answers later……  ;D is there something you want to tell us  ;D

noooo *hides* 😉

That was believable….NOT!  😀

😀 😀 😀

i have never had a very young puppy so i want to do some research on young puppies and his breed before i comit myself to him and find myself out of my depth, so until i know for sure i dont want to say to much 🙂

*Nat*

I’ve not done it myself but pretty sure you can introduce pups to raw as soon as you bring them home, I know some breeders who feed raw will have already introduced them to raw feeding before they go to their new homes. I think chicken necks are good to start with  🙂 I think Mark’s Cass was fed raw by the breeder and Mark just carried on when he brought her home  🙂

Unsure when they can start having pumpkin seeds etc, someone else will probably know that!

As for stoping them chewing – lots of toys, training, keeping them occupied – I’ve never had a chewer as I’ve always been at home when bringing up a pup, if I’ve gone out  and left them which you will have to do at some point then make sure they’ve done some training so they’re tired and leave toys – Kongs are great, will last ages if frozen  🙂

Am intrigued now – what breed are we talking – at least give us some hints  ;D

Anonymous

hi,

pups can be weaned onto bones / raw diet so you just go careful and start small(ish) and hold them at first – pups are usually wormed by the breeder so shouldnt come with worms so hopefully u wont need to treat that one 😉

claire x

ok thanks ;D

nat the only hint you are getting is that he is a rescue and not coming from a breeder 😀 thats why im asking so many questions

kendal

echo wouldn’t touch her puppy food when she came home. but as soon as i  gave her a chicken wing she devoured it.

i also know a GSD who was weened on raw and a husky breeder who weened her puppy’s on it.

the GSD has thrived and is a big hansom boy. but yeah start off with  chicken and you should fine. how are you getting on with the raw anyway.

*Lassie*

Willow was fed raw mince as she was weaned then on to raw tripe :vomit:

Oh wow, a rescue pup, let us know what you decide Kerrie but well done you for considering and thinking it all through, fingers crossed and here’s hoping!  :-* A buddy for Stan!

*Nat*

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=13405.msg257043#msg257043 date=1231444963]
    ok thanks ;D

nat the only hint you are getting is that he is a rescue and not coming from a breeder 😀 thats why im asking so many questions
    [/quote]

Ok shall watch this space  ;D

keep watching Nat 😀 😀 its been nearly a year since Mattie left us so its time for another adition

kendal my raw feeding isnt going very well but thats probly better left for another thread :ok:

do puppy coats get thicker as they grow or will their coat stay the same thickness?

how often/ long should walks be?

sorry still asking questions 😀

*Nat*

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=13405.msg257566#msg257566 date=1231874026]

do puppy coats get thicker as they grow or will their coat stay the same thickness?

how often/ long should walks be?

sorry still asking questions 😀
    [/quote]

Coat depends on the breed I guess  ;D  😉

As for walking, a rule of thumb is 5 mins per months age of the dog  🙂 i.e pup is 3 months old so not more than 15 mins per walk  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime