Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Hotmail and mail.com rejecting the forum e-mails

Home Archive Forums Messages from Admin Messages from Admin Hotmail and mail.com rejecting the forum e-mails

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am getting

quote :

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at whitestar5.lightning1.net.
    I’m afraid I wasn’t able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I’ve given up. Sorry it didn’t work out.

:
    208.36.123.17 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 554 EMail from mailserver at 84.18.198.110 is refused. See http://spamblock.outblaze.com/84.18.198.110
    Giving up on 208.36.123.17.

— Below this line is a copy of the message.

and

quote :

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at whitestar5.lightning1.net.
    I’m afraid I wasn’t able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I’ve given up. Sorry it didn’t work out.

:
    Connected to 65.54.244.232 but sender was rejected.
    Remote host said: 550 OU-002 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support

— Below this line is a copy of the message.

Both are saying that my forum is sending spam.  What the forum is sending is the registration and topic notification e-mails.

I have been adsvised that there really is nothing that I can do, but in a week it will go away.

HOTMAIL and MAIL.com user can try adding forum at my web address (keeps the spam robots guessing) to their “white list”.  My web address is resources.dogclub.co.uk

Anonymous
    Inactive

More info:

we have found out some more information about hotmail and the banned email issue – seems that there is a link users of hotmail can click to mark an email as spam, what this also does is flag a sender as a spammer with hotmail – they are not interested in how many emails are marked just the percentage of total email from that address, this means that the following will happen because of the way they determine spam:

1: sales@abc.com sends 100,000 emails to hotmail customers and 20,000 click the spam link
    2: admin@def.co.uk send 6 emails to hotmail customers and 3 click the spam link

in this instance #1 would be free to keep sending email as it only has a 20% notification but #2 would be banned as it has a 50% notification

here is a part of a discussion on this from a phpBB forum (it’s affecting everyone):

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=508084&highlight=hotmail
    This is a known issue with hotmail. Hotmail considers phpBB generated emails as spam. This is not a problem with phpBB. The cuase is people clicking the this is spam link.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If anyone out there is using hotmail or mail.com, can you let me know if you are getting the e-mails through when you add us to your white list.

Cheers
    Colin

.dodger.

sorry if this is stupid but what is the white list? ???

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have now been told hotmail call it a safe list.

Some e-mail people like hotmail and yahoo let you black list addressess that you do not want to get any mail from.  They also have a safe/white list that do not get spam filtered and checked, they just let them through.  Some spam checkers can be ruthless at what they stop!!!

.dodger.

i’ve added you as a safe contact so hopefully it should work now….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to say, even on a safe list I am still getting rejected by hotmail  :boooo:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mail.com have now lifted the ban  :happy:

Anonymous
    Inactive

For hotmail user:

Hotmail is waiting for DNS records to be propergated before they will lift the ban.  How long this will take I do not know.

Adding the forum e-mail address to your white/safe list does not work.

I will keep you posted

.dodger.

thanks colin, will have to wait and see then 🙂

.dodger.

Yey! i’m getting my emails from the dog board back through on hotmail ;D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, Hotmail is now working again.

There are a few private web address names (me@myaffix.co.uk) are having problems now, but that is due to their ISPs.  I will be working on this.

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to say I had jumped through all the hoops for microsoft, but they have banned the forum again.  I will try and get it whitelisted again as soon as I can.

Regards
    Colin

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is 99% working now.  There are a few ISPs that are causing fun, but atleast the main ones are sorted.

Anonymous

I’ve not had any probs getting emails from DB and I’m with msn ???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime