Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Massive Achievement

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Massive Achievement

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

I can’t believe i just took these video’s this morning!!! It seems like something i would have seen well before he was 6 months and never after! Dodge is a brilliant dog and we both had a fab walk this morning! He was the pack manager today and loved every minute! He was also very good around all the balls although he did like to trot past certain ones and nick it straight out of their mouths 😀 He was listening to me and even playing chase with a little JR called Patch. ;D

Please ignore the horrific thing that we hate to call his tail! We will be sorting that out no matter how long or how much effect it takes ::)

[img width=468 height=382]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/Dodger_030/th_Video0057.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=382]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/Dodger_030/th_Video0056.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=382]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/Dodger_030/th_Video0055.jpg[/img]

*Lassie*

He’s doing very well :yes:
    well done you ;D

WELL DONE LAURA 🙂

i know just how amazing it feels to really achieve a breakthrough like this 🙂

you definately have a special gift with dogs

claire x

.dodger.

Thanks Claire and Jacqui  :-* :-*

I couldn’t believe how good he is :yes: feels like just yesterday that i was posting the ‘i need help’ topic 🙂

I just needed to sort myself out and the rest all fell into place (with a lot of hard work and determination) It hasn’t been the easiest of times but i finally feel like i can see the end of this phase and the start of the new one – lets hope the next one carries on like before. All i need now is to get this people issue sorted out :yes:

kizkiznobite

well done laura …you have both come a long long way and i know the road has not been easy

whats with the tail  😀

Val

Well done laura
    Bev think she means the carriage of the tail Laura his tail is high set thats why he fly’s the flag with it
    Val

*Nat*

Well done Laura  ;D

Amazing Laura really well done  :-*

.dodger.

thanks everyone and yep Val it’s his tail carriage ::) we are trying to clicker train it to stay down but as soon as he’s off lead it just flies straight back up ::) Any idea’s on training it or even correcting his carriage completely?? :help:

*Lassie*

Think he’s lovely as he is :yes:

At a guess id say no Laura – you may be able to get him to hold it right in a stand – and possibly on the move under certain circumstances – but all excited in the park…..hmmm not sure – one for Bev. Trouble is if thats his conformation well its how he is i guess…..

.dodger.

see it’s not like a pug where their spine carriage makes them carry it like that he chooses to put it up. When i’m upset and stressed out walking he’ll carry it low – when he’s been told off he’ll carry it low – when he’s been running for a while and he’s tired he’ll carry it normal all the time??

If it was stuck like that i could get over it but because it’s a choice (i think) thats what bothers me…. Was having a really bad day a few weeks ago (dodge had just gone for a dog) and we were on our way home when we bumped into a guy with his shepherd and he asked if he was a husky cross  :scared: Was trying to explain to my dad why it bothers me so much and like him probably a lot of people on here may not understand my reasons but it really really grates on me :-[

i sort of have ‘tail’ on cue in the house – where if he’s playing and it’s up waving in the air i’ll say tail and he’ll put it down – i guess i could continue on with that and see if i can move it on to the higher criteria’s?

Ok not all together up on gsds – but Honey can carry her tail down when im cross and also if shes unsure – so a choice yes but naturally – its held curled……..and yep i can understand why it grates – used to know a shih tzu who NEVER held her tail up drove me bonkers every time i saw her…..

*Lassie*

i sort of have ‘tail’ on cue in the house – where if he’s playing and it’s up waving in the air i’ll say tail and he’ll put it down – i guess i could continue on with that and see if i can move it on to the higher criteria’s?

Worth a try Laura 😉
    Don’t get to wound up about though, you have done very well training the boy 😉

.dodger.

lol that’s part of the reason why Jacqui – his training ::) Anyway i do try to ignore it when we are out otherwise we just get stuck back in our usual rut 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime