Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Our website – any feedback appreciated!

Home Archive Forums General Category Web Pages Our website – any feedback appreciated!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    muddypaws

Hi!

My husband and I run a website called Muddy Paws and if you have the time it would be great if you could have a look and let me know what you think!

http://www.muddypaws.co.uk

We launched last June and things are going well but we know that we’ve still got lots of work to do in terms of the look of the site, the products we stock etc and given the wealth of experience on the dog club board I thought that you may be able to help us  🙂

Any feedback however small would be much appreciated – the biggest problem with a web based business is not getting to meet your customers (stating the obvious I know!!) but it means that you can’t ask why they didn’t buy or if there was something they were looking for which we didn’t have – you know what I mean!

Huge thanks in advance!!

Emma and Oscar
    x

looked at this before …

nice but dont agree with having anti bark collars on sale – i understand as a shop you need to stock what ppl want to buy but even so u could put discounts on kinder training things 🙂

muddypaws

[quote author=claire wills + bonnie link=topic=13882.msg262995#msg262995 date=1236877995]
    looked at this before …

nice but dont agree with having anti bark collars on sale – i understand as a shop you need to stock what ppl want to buy but even so u could put discounts on kinder training things 🙂
    [/quote]

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your e-mail and I completely agree with you. We made the wrong decision in stocking these items when we launched and unfortunately due to the value of the items we can’t afford to just write them off. I’ve reduced the last one down to cost price to clear it (thankfully we’ve only got one left) and as soon as this one is sold then the item will be removed completely from the site and we will not stock any more in the future.
    It was a silly mistake on our part in stocking them back at the beginning and one that has haunted us since but we live and learn with all these things  🙂

Emma
    x

P.S. We have got lots of nice things on there too!!

hi,

oh yeah – totally agree theres lots of nice things – the whole site is very nice to navigate and offers nice products etc …. i was very impressed – was just that one little thing which grabbed me i suppose as it seemed out of place with everything else you offer 😉

wasnt suggesting to write it off – i am sure there is a demand for them, i just wouldnt discount it (but can also understand you want rid of it lol !!).

what about removing it from the site and ebaying it instead ??

claire x

muddypaws

[quote author=claire wills + bonnie link=topic=13882.msg262998#msg262998 date=1236879088]
    hi,

oh yeah – totally agree theres lots of nice things – the whole site is very nice to navigate and offers nice products etc …. i was very impressed – was just that one little thing which grabbed me i suppose as it seemed out of place with everything else you offer 😉

wasnt suggesting to write it off – i am sure there is a demand for them, i just wouldnt discount it (but can also understand you want rid of it lol !!).

what about removing it from the site and ebaying it instead ??

claire x
    [/quote]

It’s funny you should suggest ebay as we did try it for a couple of weeks and couldn’t sell it there either!! I ended up paying all the listing fees and still had the bark collar too  🙁 I think I’m going to be plagued by it for ages!

We made the decision regarding the collars a while ago – we ordered some before we really understood enough about them and although I’m sure some people still advocate them I personally feel as though there are other training methods out there which are equally effective and much more humane. (anyway I’ll get off my soapbox now!!!)

Thanks for all your other feedback too – it’s really helpful to get other perspectives – you can’t see the wood for the trees when it’s your own site!

Emma

x

xtine

site is good.. lovely pics, easy navigation  :yes:

muddypaws

[quote author=xtine link=topic=13882.msg263005#msg263005 date=1236881306]
    [/quote]

Thank you!

P.S. Gorgeous piccie of Fritz!

[quote author=muddypaws link=topic=13882.msg263010#msg263010 date=1236883013]
    [quote author=xtine link=topic=13882.msg263005#msg263005 date=1236881306]
    [/quote]

Thank you!

P.S. Gorgeous piccie of Fritz!
    [/quote]

why thanks i can take some of the credit for that i think  😉

Site is nice i csan work it – always a bonus!

Prem2Pram

It’s nice to see a well laid out website that is easy to navigate, you’ve got some lovely pictures on there too very nice  ;D

waller540

Great site. Very nicely designed. Can I ask where you’re based?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime