Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

If this is the Youth of today then goD help us

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News If this is the Youth of today then goD help us

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*
    *jody*

OMG I am speechless….. šŸ˜®

kendal

im sorry “talking at length to his daughter” !!!! if i ever caught my wee brother doing that to mine or any other dog i would hammer him.Ā 

there was absolutely no reason for her to do that, and no one can say oh she didn’t know what she was doing. because one she was looking about to see if any one was watching(she didn’t look hard enough) and two when she stood on the dogs tale and got no response she moved her foot higher and put her whole weight on it.

i am astonished that the dog did not turn on her, and to be honest i really hoped it would as she deserved it.Ā 

iĀ  saw some of the comments under the article asking how the person filming could have stood and watched. if he/she hadn’t he/she wouldn’t have been able to prove how much of a sick little B&*$Ā£ she is.

*Nat*

What an evil little bi*chĀ  šŸ˜®Ā  >:( Ground her!!!!!! Is that it!!!!!Ā  >:( I too was hoping the dog would have bitten her as she most certainly deserved it!!Ā  >:(Ā  >:(

:'(

-Alison-

This is the youth of today Im afraid, I had an experience last night, which given the fact its only a month ago today last I lost Tony, upset me and unsettled me more than I could deal with last night. Griffon barked at a boy, aged about 12 after he called him over, then raised his arm up very quickly over his head. Of course Griffon has been beaten in his puppyhood and he backed off quickly barking. None of the others reacted but this boy thought it ok to saunter over to me and tell me that Oi bitch you need to rein your dogs in or I’ll have them all shot. I verbally went at him & I was ready to floor him but he danced out of my reach before following me round the field and making gun shaped fingers & noises followed by the imitation of a dog whining and yelling at me they’ll be dead bitch, blood everywhere, just like that. I had to endure that for 10 minutes last night, all the time he stayed back far enough to be able to bolt it should I turn around again. Quite the most horrible experience I have ever had since I’ve had the dogs :'( :'( :'(

xtine

God Alison that is awful!!!Ā  šŸ˜® Am shocked but not surprised – teenagers these days are horrendous. Is hard for me to look at my class and ever think that they would do things like that, but unfortunately they doĀ  :'(
    i would report that to the police / safer neighbourhoods people asapĀ  p:-)

Alison,

I am so sorry to hear this šŸ™

These are not “problem children” – they are just “children” that society as a whole has failed.Ā  It does not justify their behaviour but what it does do is highlight that every single one of us shares the responsibility for the children that society is creating.

What you have to ask yourself is why these children think this behaviour is acceptable, it seems very obviously (to me) to be some kind of mal-adaptive coping behaviour.Ā  Children are very good at learning by example – i would be asking where has this girl learned that it is socially acceptable to inflict cruelty and control on other living creatures?Ā  At home?Ā  At school? Through media?Ā  all social.

Until we stop pathologising and start understanding there is no hope for the future.Ā  What stopped children of previous generations from straying outside social norms ?

– fear ?
    – respect ?
    – responsibility ?

What is there to be fearful of when the law is a joke ?

Who is there to respect when your parents dont give a rats arse about where you are and what you are up to ?

Why bother being responsible in a society where everyone else is always to blame and the media constantly tell us so.

These children are a product of every single one of us – we vote, we govern, we teach, we are the parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparentsĀ  …. unless we stand up and say NO this isnt acceptable to live this way in todays world the “youth of today” will just continue to get worse.

Claire x

Anonymous

[quote author=-Alison- link=topic=14142.msg266237#msg266237 date=1240561896]
    This is the youth of today Im afraid, I had an experience last night, which given the fact its only a month ago today last I lost Tony, upset me and unsettled me more than I could deal with last night. Griffon barked at a boy, aged about 12 after he called him over, then raised his arm up very quickly over his head. Of course Griffon has been beaten in his puppyhood and he backed off quickly barking. None of the others reacted but this boy thought it ok to saunter over to me and tell me that Oi bitch you need to rein your dogs in or I’ll have them all shot. I verbally went at him & I was ready to floor him but he danced out of my reach before following me round the field and making gun shaped fingers & noises followed by the imitation of a dog whining and yelling at me they’ll be dead bitch, blood everywhere, just like that. I had to endure that for 10 minutes last night, all the time he stayed back far enough to be able to bolt it should I turn around again. Quite the most horrible experience I have ever had since I’ve had the dogs :'( :'( :'(sorry to hear this lets hope his mum and dad rein him in thats if his mother knows who his dad is with out a dna test
    [/quote]

Diesel73

This is sickening, justĀ  :vomit: .

quote :

What you have to ask yourself is why these children think this behaviour is acceptable, it seems very obviously (to me) to be some kind of mal-adaptive coping behaviour.Ā  Children are very good at learning by example – i would be asking where has this girl learned that it is socially acceptable to inflict cruelty and control on other living creatures?Ā  At home?Ā  At school? Through media?Ā  all social.

Stop making up excuses Clair, no matter how young you are, above 4 years old you damne well know if your abusing an animal like this is wrong or not.
    Don’t let them off so lightly simply because youngsters are smal(ler). Children have fought wars and build nations. As youngsters we are much more prone to make mistakes, simply because ‘experience’ is just another word for ‘the mistakes you made’.
    Humans like these are born this way. They are born f@cked up and will stay this way until they die. Whether she does it again or not, THIS is what she is.

.dodger.

What a sick little girl >:( >:( she needs lot more than a ‘talking’ too ::)

[quote author=-Alison- link=topic=14142.msg266237#msg266237 date=1240561896]
    This is the youth of today Im afraid, I had an experience last night, which given the fact its only a month ago today last I lost Tony, upset me and unsettled me more than I could deal with last night. Griffon barked at a boy, aged about 12 after he called him over, then raised his arm up very quickly over his head. Of course Griffon has been beaten in his puppyhood and he backed off quickly barking. None of the others reacted but this boy thought it ok to saunter over to me and tell me that Oi bitch you need to rein your dogs in or I’ll have them all shot. I verbally went at him & I was ready to floor him but he danced out of my reach before following me round the field and making gun shaped fingers & noises followed by the imitation of a dog whining and yelling at me they’ll be dead bitch, blood everywhere, just like that. I had to endure that for 10 minutes last night, all the time he stayed back far enough to be able to bolt it should I turn around again. Quite the most horrible experience I have ever had since I’ve had the dogs :'( :'( :'(
    [/quote]

that’s awful Alison šŸ™ had it of been me with dodger i don’t think i could have contained myself. you want to taunt me you can deal with my dog šŸ˜› I’ve had to do that at times too – got cornered once later on at night by a group of older lads. Weren’t doing anything to me just blocking the path and not letting me past, was about 8 of them so really intimidating. I took dodger’s head collar off, unclipped his lead, held him by his collar and visually signaled his speak. With a few mouthfuls from me and a lunging dodger they soon moved out the way. if i hadn’t of had dodger it could have gone a lot worse :-\

Just today my neighbor came running back round into the street panting – i was on my way out with dodger and she told me if i see three tallish lads out let dodger have them because they had just jumped over her fence into her backgarden and tried to steal her greenhouse. What they were going to do with it i don’t know but they managed to move it to the other side of the garden before she noticed >:(

I most certainly have not and WILL NOT excuse her behaviour !!

With respect, the doctrine of original sin as an understanding of human children is fundamentally flawed and has been largely abandoned.Ā  It is exactly the kind of “people like these” attitude which is behind the dominant biomedical understanding of psychological distress which is serving to create a society which just abdicates responsibility, incarcerates and systematically abuses people.

Just as an aside, I happen to be currently finishing off over 3000 words on this very argument and the evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of my viewpoint.

This is my opinion on the subject – it is not intended to take anything away from these horrific experiences, believe me I have similar experiences.Ā  I will say again also that I do NOT think the behaviour should be excused – the problem is that society allows it to happen despite a huge body of evidence regarding the transfer of abuse from canine to human victims.

Claire.

-Alison-

[quote author=claire wills + bonnie link=topic=14142.msg266241#msg266241 date=1240592126]

Until we stop pathologising and start understanding there is no hope for the future.Ā  What stopped children of previous generations from straying outside social norms ?

– fear ?
    – respect ?
    – responsibility ?

What is there to be fearful of when the law is a joke ?

Who is there to respect when your parents dont give a rats arse about where you are and what you are up to ?

Why bother being responsible in a society where everyone else is always to blame and the media constantly tell us so.
    [/quote]

I think you are bang on target Claire. So called old-fashioned values worked, but gone are the days when a policeman could give you a clip round the ear if you stepped out of line, gone are the days when, if someone, be it police or otherwise to called round to see your parents to tell them you’d been misbehaving, you’d be worried sick about your parents reaction. Gone are the days you showed respect to your elders and others. Today is peopled with selfish people, its a me-first, compensation culture and these children are a direct result of that.

*Lassie*

With respect, the doctrine of original sin as an understanding of human children is fundamentally flawed and has been largely abandoned.Ā  It is exactly the kind of “people like these” attitude which is behind the dominant biomedical understanding of psychological distress which is serving to create a society which just abdicates responsibility, incarcerates and systematically abuses people.

And that means in English?

My take on it is the girl needs a swift kick up the arse to start with and more discipline in day to day life. And yes it was fear and respect that kept us in line.

Diesel73

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=14142.msg266273#msg266273 date=1240682199]

And that means in English?

[/quote]
    DitoĀ  :suspious: ….

quote :

Just as an aside, I happen to be currently finishing off over 3000 words on this very argument and the evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of my viewpoint.

Can very well be, but i still have no clue what you said.
    Clair, i said ‘humans like these’, so i assume your ‘people like these’ attitude refers to me, yes? But girl, i got no idea what you said back to meĀ  :-\ .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees ā€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime