Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Greetings from Tessie! (and her girl)

Home Archive Forums General Category Introductions Greetings from Tessie! (and her girl)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Monochroma

Hey, new here. I’m Ruby and this is Tessie, a Lucas Terrier x Norfolk. Would you believe this girl is 13? Yeah, hard to believe I know – even harder when she acts like a 3yr old XD

She’s a working dog for the most part, kills her fair share of mice, rats and rabbits (and a few moles too) but she’s also a pampered pooch who loves nothing more than being a professional lapdog. Her favourite toy is…well, anything with a squeaker in it! She’s also a wonderful cat deterrent, never catches them though thankfully. (I don’t trust cats, not one bit.) She’s also in need of a haircut, bath and stripping (all of which I do by hand) ; she tends to get greasy if she’s not washed for a few weeks and grease attracts the dirt and she just becomes filthy.

I used to have another dog, Mickey, who was a Jack Russel. Unfortunatly, he had to be put down in September 07 because he just wouldn’t let go  :'( It broke my heart, he had been my best friend since I was a toddler and we grew up (and he grew old) together. He was 19, I was 20. He had a mental disorder that was a lot like altsheimers and one of his back legs didn’t work. He was happy soul though. It still hurts.

I’m also now looking forward towards getting a new dog soon. I’m looking towards the hound breeds but I’m not against the gundog breeds (or anything as long as it’s not a terrier XD). I’m not sure I want another rescue dog, seeing as I recently had an unwanted dog thrown upon me (a wonderful Samoyed called Gemma who was a blind diabetic), that and I don’t think Tessie would take to a fully grown dog :/

Ah, such a dilemma!  ::)

*Nat*

Hello and welcome  🙂 I can’t believe Mickey was 19, wow!!!  😮

Monochroma

Thanks 🙂 Yeah, Mickey was a trooper and I’m sure he’d still be here today if we hadn’t had him put to sleep. He was that much of a stubborn mule. He just didn’t want to let go lol  😀

Hi and welcome from me+Izzy  🙂

.dodger.

Hi and welcome from me, Dodger and Benji (my JRT)

Mickey was gorgeous and did well to get to 19 :yes:

Tessie is lovely too and good luck with the search for another dog 🙂

Anonymous

[quote author=Monochroma link=topic=14191.msg266645#msg266645 date=1241387580]
    Hey, new here. I’m Ruby and this is Tessie, a Lucas Terrier x Norfolk. Would you believe this girl is 13? Yeah, hard to believe I know – even harder when she acts like a 3yr old XD

She’s a working dog for the most part, kills her fair share of mice, rats and rabbits (and a few moles too) but she’s also a pampered pooch who loves nothing more than being a professional lapdog. Her favourite toy is…well, anything with a squeaker in it! She’s also a wonderful cat deterrent, never catches them though thankfully. (I don’t trust cats, not one bit.) She’s also in need of a haircut, bath and stripping (all of which I do by hand) ; she tends to get greasy if she’s not washed for a few weeks and grease attracts the dirt and she just becomes filthy.

I used to have another dog, Mickey, who was a Jack Russel. Unfortunatly, he had to be put down in September 07 because he just wouldn’t let go  :'( It broke my heart, he had been my best friend since I was a toddler and we grew up (and he grew old) together. He was 19, I was 20. He had a mental disorder that was a lot like altsheimers and one of his back legs didn’t work. He was happy soul though. It still hurts.

I’m also now looking forward towards getting a new dog soon. I’m looking towards the hound breeds but I’m not against the gundog breeds (or anything as long as it’s not a terrier XD). I’m not sure I want another rescue dog, seeing as I recently had an unwanted dog thrown upon me (a wonderful Samoyed called Gemma who was a blind diabetic), that and I don’t think Tessie would take to a fully grown dog :/

Ah, such a dilemma!   ::)
    [/quote]hello from farrokh a much loved dobermann

Diesel73

hi and welcome from me too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime