Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Great North Bike Ride

Home Archive Forums Calendar Events Great North Bike Ride

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

Well to help raise money and to help get some weight off, both me and my dad are going to enter into this years great north bike ride. It’s 54 miles from Seahouses to Tynemouth on the 30th of August so it gives us plenty of time to train up 😀 Laura?…… Mandy?……. Fancy joining us ;D

http://www.greatnorthbikeride.com/Home/Index.html

*Lassie*

It’s 54 miles from Seahouses to Tynemouth 😮 😮
    Good luck

my friend is doing london to brighton which is also 54 miles  😮 she is training really hard  :yes:
    good luck laura!!  ;D

.dodger.

thanks you two :-*

The most i’ve ever done is 8 miles so it’s a little scary but i have plenty of time to get prepared for it. It also says that you can join the course at any point so if i find i can’t do the full 54 miles nearer the time i will be aiming for at least 40 :yes: I’ll be incredibly proud if i do that ;D

Mudgie

Good Luck Laura.  I am doing 200 miles in August on cycle  ;D However it is over 5 days  ;D

Been out every night this week and twice today with Nooch.  He runs along at side of bike – we train on countrypark lane so no traffic to worry about  ;D  He is very amusing – barks if I am not going fast enough for him  ::)

:scared: :scared:

No thanks!!  i drove past the riders last year on the way to they caravan.  They were only in Amble and they looked ready to drop dead lol!!!  😀

Good luck tho!  :ok:

.dodger.

😀 😀

You can wave at me if you go past this year! I’ll be the one at the end pushing me bike :tease:
    [quote author=Mudgie link=topic=14246.msg267065#msg267065 date=1242500040]
    Good Luck Laura.  I am doing 200 miles in August on cycle  ;D However it is over 5 days  ;D

Been out every night this week and twice today with Nooch.  He runs along at side of bike – we train on countrypark lane so no traffic to worry about  ;D  He is very amusing – barks if I am not going fast enough for him  ::)
    [/quote]

Good luck for it Mudgie that sounds great 🙂 Will it be camping for the 5 days?

Mudgie

Laura you so know I dont do camping  ::)

No hun, guest houses and one night a hotel with spa treatments  :embarrass:  for medicinal reasons only obviously  ;D

*Nat*

OMG 54 miles  😮 I didn’t do any training for the Race for Life  :-[ although I would have if it was more than 5km!! I did the Canterbury Bike Ride once for Scope, that was 25 miles, also Matt and I did a 40 mile ride once, my god they both nearly killed me  ;D

Good luck though  :-*

.dodger.

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=14246.msg267119#msg267119 date=1242627783]
    Laura you so know I dont do camping  ::)

No hun, guest houses and one night a hotel with spa treatments  :embarrass:  for medicinal reasons only obviously  ;D
    [/quote]

haha sounds like a really really nice bike ride!! ;D 54 miles in one day or 200 in 5 with a spa break um….. think i know which one i would rather choose 😀 Hope you have a brill time Mudge :-*

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime