Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

home boarding in colchester

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? home boarding in colchester

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    worried

Hi,
    I have a 4 year old staff that can be a bit nervous and dont want to put him in kennels, does anyone know of someone homeboarding in or near colchester.
    I have never left my dog before and would prefer to have someone look after him in their own home.
    I dont know how he would be with other dogs so maybe someone that would only have him.
    thanks

Val

Hi
    You need to get in contact with Animal Aunts I am sure if you google them they have a web site, they do not come cheap as what you are asking for is a one to one.
    I would like to ask how you have a four year old dog and say you don’t know how it would be around other dogs
    Val

worried

Hi Val,
    Thanks I will try them.
    I dont know how he will be with other dogs as last year he was frightened by a firework going off and we could not get him to go out other than in the garden.  He would be all exited to go out, get to the end of the drive, stop, turn and pull you back to the door. Its been a long hard process to try and increase this and am only now getting him out for a decent walk, so he has not had much opportunity to interact with other dogs.
    Before this he was always fine with other dogs but as he has not had much contact with them i dont know how he would be residing with another one.          it is the first time i will be leaving him and I thought it best for him to be the only one.  Maybe i am wrong and it would be good for him I dont know. I will discuss this with boarders and get their view
    worried

Mudgie

maybe best bet is getting someone to come and look after him in his own home  ???  Nacho wont stay in someone else’s house – separation anxiety kicks in but he will stay with me or his “daddy” anywhere – he wont even stay at my son’s house and he adores him – so we have dogwalker or son come and stay at our home when we need to go somewhere overnight.  Much less stressful for our dog – just a thought that may help

Val

Thats why I suggested the Animal Aunts Mudgie as they come to your own home and bring no livestock with them.
    A friend used them when her dogs went down with kennel cough a week before they were going on a once in a lifetime trip to China, they were very good but as I said expensive they have been around along time
    Val

Mudgie

worth every penny if you come home to a happy pooch and can have a holiday not worrying about them though eh  :agree:

Val

Dead right Mudgie  :happy: happy pooch is happy me.
    Found the link they started in 1987 knew they had been round a long while
    Val

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=14830.msg273166#msg273166 date=1256150815]
    worth every penny if you come home to a happy pooch and can have a holiday not worrying about them though eh  :agree:
    [/quote]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime