Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Protect yourself, your dog walkers, and dogs from outdoor shock -StreetZaps.

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Protect yourself, your dog walkers, and dogs from outdoor shock -StreetZaps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Blair

Greetings! Unfortunately, most dog walkers discover a danger, only sadly, when victimized. And so I wanted to inform you of StreetZaps England. And so you are aware, I confer with Con Edison’s Stray Voltage and Public Affairs Units and contribute to Wet Nose Guide and New York Dog Chat. Thank you.

WHY URBAN METAL ISN’T PRECIOUS- Blair Sorrel, Founder, http://www.StreetZaps.com

Of course, you want a worry-free walk year-round, so adopt this simple strategy:

EYEBALL THE BLOCK, AVOID A SHOCK.

Take just a few seconds to survey the immediate surroundings and make your trajectory toward a non-conductive surface, ie., plastic, wood, cardboard, rather than risking any metal or electrical fixture. The lowly, free-standing garbage bag, is you and your dog’s best friend, most of the time, unless it’s snowed and salted. Consider the safer, hardware-free RopeNGo leash and harness to help shield against a possible zapping and for greater peace of mind.

CONTACT VOLTAGE DOESN’T DISCRIMINATE BY GENDER.

Your pooch’s sex is irrelevant. True, the most gruesome scenario is that of a male dog electrocuted by its ys. Intuit your dog’s cues, if resistant to an area, choose an alternative route. Elude potentially live work areas or carry your canine, if necessary. Opt for indoor products such as The Pet Loo, Hammacher Schlemmer’s Indoor Restroom, or Wee-Wee Pads, if external conditions are ominous. Dog booties can leak and make your pooch even more vulnerable.

ARE YOU PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH YOUR DOG?

Any of these fixtures might be dangerous, so again, choose non-conductive where and when possible. (link to home page fixtures listed below and/or the visuals page):

View All StreetZaps’ Home Page & Safety Images

– Street & Traffic Lights can leak if damaged internally, even if the compartment is fully closed and the light is not illuminated

– While wooden blocks anchor Scaffolding or Sidewalk Sheds, be aware that sloppy wiring by a contractor and/or the use of lighting equipment which is NOT WATER-PROOFED or even suitable for outdoor usage, may still shock a passerby.

– ATM Vestibules

– Decorative Lighting

– Dog Booties may increase
      the risk of a shock

– Electrical Boxes

– Fire Hydrants

– Fire Police Call Boxes

– Manhole Covers

– Muni Meters

– Phone Booths

– Service Boxes

– Street Light Boxes

– Traffic Boxes

– Work Areas

After all, why chance it when there’s a choice?

BETWEEN YOU, ME, AND THE LAMPPOST.

Tampered equipment can become pernicious so please map (Report Form) damaged fixtures and known hot spots to admonish other pedestrians and alert the utility and transportation department.

Mudgie

I am losing the will to live

*Lassie*

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=15021.msg274321#msg274321 date=1265148136]
    I am losing the will to live
    [/quote]

I lost it half way through the post ::)

::) so all in all we shouldnt own dogs:
    1- because the outdoors is dangerouse
    2- because indoors is dangerouse
    :-\

Mudgie

dangerous!! 

there at least we have all learnt something worthwhile from this post  ::)

I cant stand this crap, it reads like it was written using a thesaurus for every 2nd word, then the sentences were just mixed around! how confusing!

xtine

you got further than me… my eyes were rolling into the back of my head and my neck went floppy after 2 lines    :surrender:

“One should learn something new everyday or your brain will go to mush”.  Yes, it did drag on a bit but, I would prefer to be reminded of the dangers on the streets today with my dog. So many vandals are distructing street furniture with their behaviour, it is an assault course walking down the street now.
    So don’t always shoot a messenger.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime