Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

A little advice needed please??

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk A little advice needed please??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi everyone,

well i hope someone can give me some advice before i book willow in at the vets.
    Willow is 9 months old now and is in her first season its around day 15 now, so th problem seems to be that she cant hold her pee in?? she has been fully house trained since 9 weeks and we have never had an accident but the last week i would say she has had an accident in the night, even though she been out before bed. she has also had like dribbles when she gets up from sleeping or laying down. we have never had a dog that had a season so not sure really what to expect. all advice very welcome.

At the beginning of her season there were no problems, now she is not losing blood she seems to be have accidents, do you think this is something we should take her to the vets for?

Thanks

Gemma  :help:

Anonymous

Just noticed the dribbles are a pinkish colour so i’m asuming thats normal. Its just the accidents that have happened the last couple of nights  ???

Val

I would think she has a little infection

Anonymous

Thanks val, will get her booked in vets and make sure.  🙂

Anonymous

vets booked for 4.10pm so will see what they say  🙂

Mudgie

I’m guessing a course of antibiotics will sort this one out.  Hope she is okay doke  :-*

Anonymous

She has an infection, She has been given antibiotics. vet says if it doesnt seem alot better in 48 hours go back. But last night she seemed loads better. Thank doG  😉

xtine

Glad Willow is going to be ok…  :-*

Anonymous

Ok so we thought willow was better….But now she has come to the end of her season she seems to be weeing when shes asleep. I dont think she even knows whens shes doing it. she is eating and drinking normal. No accidents in the night anymore. she is going out to the toilet as normal, it just seems that when shes asleep she wees a little, we have noticed also that you can see little drops of urine dripping from her bits when shes aleep. We have read up various answers some saying infection because of hormone changes, or incontinence linked to her being in season and that it will get better in a couple of days. Im unsure whether to see if it gets better in a couple of days or take her back to the vets tomorrow?? has anybody had any of these problems with a bitch in season??  🙁

Val

I have never had it but it sometimes happens because they put there girlie bits to close to the ground and pick up infections.
    If she still has AB’s to take I would leave it another 24 hours but if no better you may need a change of AB’s
    Good Luck
    Val

Anonymous

Thanks val,
    This morning when we got up there was no wet patch so will leave it another 24 hours and hope the AB’s do the trick. She seems like her normal self otherwise.

Anonymous

Took willow back to the vets yest as i was still worried, so they gave her a week supply on antibiotics. Last time they only gave her a short course of AB’s. Vet say if it hasnt cleared after the course of AB’s then will need further tests and urine sample. So fingers crossed she will back to normal very soon  :-* :-*

Diesel73

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Val

She will be fine can’t understand why the vet did not give the longer course of AB in the first place
    Val

[quote author=Carl&Gem link=topic=15037.msg274508#msg274508 date=1266934490]
    Took willow back to the vets yest as i was still worried, so they gave her a week supply on antibiotics. Last time they only gave her a short course of AB’s. Vet say if it hasnt cleared after the course of AB’s then will need further tests and urine sample. So fingers crossed she will back to normal very soon  :-* :-*
    [/quote]

Anonymous

I know to charge us again im guessing  ::)

She’s all back to normal now  ;D ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime