Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

My dog is like a spoilt child

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training My dog is like a spoilt child

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

Dogwalker on holiday for a few days – no other option than to put him into day boarding – I took him on Saturday for a few hours just so I could see how he was.

On Saturday he was great – went in no problem – went back for him 4 hours later he was finey finey – no prob at all – happy to see me but nothing new in that.

I take him this morning and he gives me this look as they take him in  >:( when I pick him up it is like having an adolescent again – pulling on lead, jumping up and down like a maniac, barking like an idiot.  Back to all the stuff that I spent months and months retraining him not to do.  He totally ignored every cue or command….. he was  >:D >:D >:D  Took me about 15 minutes to walk him 20 yards as I was not prepared to allow the pulling etc….

So 3 hours later he is sitting in front of fire crying just crying no reason other than he is a spoilt brat and wants me to feel bad for taking him to the bad cages………………  yep it working……

Sweetypye

he is sitting in front of fire crying just crying no reason other than he is a spoilt brat and wants me to feel bad for taking him to the bad cages

And you know this how? :what: :what:

Mudgie

cos I know my dog
    and lone behold he hasnt done it before or since.

Mudgie

just had a flashback as to why you sometimes leave forums eh Allyson  ::)

And I know this how  ::)  ::)

*Lassie*

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=15049.msg274519#msg274519 date=1267136073]
    just had a flashback as to why you sometimes leave forums eh Allyson  ::)

And I know this how  ::)  ::)

[/quote]

:nono: we cant afford to lose any more  members – unless you want the board to die completely 🙁

Mudgie

look at the post that was written to me Lassie – look at the cause rather than the symptoms Thanks

And unless Bev comes back to this board then it is dead man walking – In my opinion which I am allowed or am I.

In the big scheme of things it doesnt matter though does it.  So I will  :-X from now on. 

Val

Stayed out of that SP can speak for herself but as for this post Mudgie what can I say but Thanks for That

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=15049.msg274528#msg274528 date=1267291503]
    look at the post that was written to me Lassie – look at the cause rather than the symptoms Thanks

And unless Bev comes back to this board then it is dead man walking – In my opinion which I am allowed or am I.

In the big scheme of things it doesnt matter though does it.  So I will  :-X from now on. 
    [/quote]

Gracie

Bev isnt the onlt one who is quiet now on here, most of us are, I dont often come on anymore as there doesnt seem to be many disscussions anymore, maybe i missed them all when baby was small, so if anyone got anything, to get it going?

*Lassie*

[quote author=Gracie link=topic=15049.msg274551#msg274551 date=1267462118]
    Bev isnt the onlt one who is quiet now on here, most of us are, I dont often come on anymore as there doesnt seem to be many disscussions anymore, maybe i missed them all when baby was small, so if anyone got anything, to get it going?
    [/quote]

I have posted different things, dogs in the news etc. People read them but dont post any comment 🙁
    Think the last thing was the dog bill, making the owner more responsible

*Nat*

I still pop on now and then and catch up with stuff but the fun has gone out of the board for me  :boooo: So many people have left and it’s just not the same anymore!  🙁

*jody*

I know this has gone a little off topic…

I am guilty of not being on here much, I have lots going on and will be making a effort to come on here more, I know a few boards I go on have gone quiet, its not just here, but also this is a wealth of information I am always checking back on and for that I really appreciate this board.

I should be back next week thank god net should be finally up and running!

Sweetypye

It never ceases to amaze me how defensive people get when asked a simple question.

As I have repeatedly said before, if you do not like other points of view, forums are not for you!

That is their purpose to question, challenge, debate, not for a lot of sheep who cannot think for themselves.

Still I suppose for some adult discussions are out of the question, they prefer to flounce and stamp their feet…………….. 😉

It is however a truth (not always universally acknowledged) that people do not like hearing the truth; that is why you hear them making so many excuses for their dogs’ behaviour.

It is also true IME that dogs mirror their owners and as Patsy Hollings once famously said, “put a bunch of Weimaraners in one room and the owners in another and I can match them up”

Whingy whiny dogs tend to belong to whingy whiny owners etc……………….

Diesel73

[quote author=*jody* link=topic=15049.msg274565#msg274565 date=1267742314]
    I know this has gone a little off topic…

I am guilty of not being on here much, I have lots going on and will be making a effort to come on here more, I know a few boards I go on have gone quiet, its not just here, but also this is a wealth of information I am always checking back on and for that I really appreciate this board.
    [/quote]
    Herehere. I do that too, just because i have had little time for a looong time now does not mean i am never around at those times  😉 .

But Mudge, that wasn’t nice. Val IS holding the fort. And very well too. She is entitled to have the credit for that. We are all guilty for being away. But Val has NEVER been far away. She has shown an iron backbone. Not nice to ……. almost dismiss her that way.  😉

But enough of that, how’s Nooch doing? Is your regular dogwalker back?

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=15049.msg274571#msg274571 date=1267810441]
    It never ceases to amaze me how defensive people get when asked a simple question.

As I have repeatedly said before, if you do not like other points of view, forums are not for you!

That is their purpose to question, challenge, debate, not for a lot of sheep who cannot think for themselves.

Still I suppose for some adult discussions are out of the question, they prefer to flounce and stamp their feet…………….. 😉

[/quote]
    Don’t Sweetytype, for f.ck sake don’t. Not the time, not the right time for this….

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=15049.msg274569#msg274569 date=1267788734]
    I should be back next week thank god net should be finally up and running!
    [/quote]
    Heeey! AI want to know how your parents’ boy’s doing. Been thinking of him  :-* .

Val

Thamks for the kind words Diesel, this board was here before Bev (much as she is missed) and will survive be it slow at the moment.
    What I fail to understand is the amount of people that join this board never to post even an intro.
    One good thing out of this is all the members dogs must be well otherwise there would be posts shouting for help
    Val

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime