Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

nightmare!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health nightmare!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Had a majorly bad night last night.  I’m dog sitting for 2 GSPs.  Last night I fed them both, pep is on rimadyl for a leg problem. Gave her 1tablet with her food, stood til they were finished then took the bowls to wash them. Washed and dried them then went over to other bench 2put them away, only to my horror the bottle of tablets was gone! 😮 I ran into the garden to find pepper chewing the bottle+she’d eaten the lot!! 30 tablets! I got her straight 2the vets, iv never driven so fast lol! They made her vomit and she’s been on fluids the whole time flushing everything out.  The vet kept me updated the whole time and said she’s been bright as a button all the time, she was worried last night. Safe dose is 100mg, pep had 3000mg!!  I’m picking her up in the morning,she’ll probs have 2have bloods done next week 2check up. Thank god I got her there so quick so they’ve all come up.  I was so worried, couldn’t believe it as she was so quiet. The tablets have a meatyish smell so they’re palatable,the nurse said they’ve seen 4 done the same thing. Her owners have been so great about it, she actually said sorry 2me for the stress! She knows what she’s like…so do I that’s why I’m kicking myself!  Hopefully she’s been very lucky though!

Sorry for no paragraphs am on the BB+it took ages to type ha ha!

crikey foxy :scared: bet that nearly gave you a heart attack, glad she is ok

*Lassie*

Glad she is OK, bet it put 10 years on you 😮

Yeah,I was so worried but iv got her home now+you’d never know there’d been anything wrong,she’s as fit as a lop!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime