Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

She’s here at last!

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk She’s here at last!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Vickydoo

Feels like such a long time ago I was talking about getting my Newfie girl, but at long last she’s home.

We brought her home yesterday and she did brilliantly on the car journey, slept pretty much the whole way.  We had her in her crate last night and she either didn’t make a sound or we just didn’t hear her.

Today we have been doing toilet training and teaching sit.

Welcome home Heidi.

Sit, good girl
    [img width=350 height=468]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/icklescottishlass/Other/IMG_0115.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=396]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/icklescottishlass/Other/IMG_0113.jpg[/img]

Play  time
    [img width=468 height=463]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/icklescottishlass/Other/IMG_0112.jpg[/img]

Anonymous

Oh my gosh she is soooooo cute  :-*.
    Im a huge newfoundland lover! Love to see more pics as shes grows. ;D

*Nat*

Wow what a gorgeous fluffball, hope you have lots of fun with her, she gonna get biiiiiiiggggg hehe!  :yes:

Val

Worth waiting for, Oh my look at the size of her feet, hope your pockets are deep she will need some feeding
    Val

Oh shes totally adorable congratulations!  :ok:  ;D

Travis 1

She is gorgeous,hope she brings you much love and joy 🙂

*Nick*

Wonderful ! Good Canadian dog    Prepare to be rescued from water whether you need to be or not  :canadian:

She’s adorable!  Take lots of pics coz she wont stay small for long  🙂

Lisa33

She’s a beautiful little ball of fluff that will grow into a huge ball of fluff!!  😀

Vickydoo

Thank you all.

She is so good.  She has been doing really well with the training.  Not sure how many things to teach at once, but we have been doing sit, in your bed and leave so far.

Not sure she has really got the hang of leave yet, as she doesn’t seem to notice the treat until I wave it under her nose!

Val

With a dog as big as she is going to be teach her stand as well makes it much easier when you groom.
    If you can get all the basics in including lead training before she is 20 weeks old she will not want to make her own choices
    Val

Vickydoo

Think I am going to have to find some yummier treats for her.

She is on a lead in the garden at the moment (just because while she is still small (ish), she could probably squeeze through the fence to next door).  She seems happy with the lead on her, but when it comes to taking her back inside the house (down a path) she just sits down and refuses to move.  I am trying to get her to come, but she’s just not interested.

I am on this forum constantly trying to find hints and tips so I can make sure she is a well trained dog, especially as is going to be so big.

Anonymous

Any advise you need just ask there will always be someone that knows how to answer. Good luck with it  :ok:

*Nat*

Just start as you mean to go on, reward the good, ignore the bad  :ok: Cheese or dried liver make a high reward treat to entice her indoors  😉 If she prefers a toy, you could try that, use a squeaky toy maybe  🙂

Are you going to go to puppy/training classes, now would be a good time to look into them, make sure they promote positive reinforcement/rewards and go to the class without her to get a feel for it first! You could ask your vet if they know of any classes or go on recommendations  🙂

Val

Take the lead off and run in the house making silly noises she will follow.
    Then tomorrow fix the fence  ;D If you were a puppy would you rather be in the house when there is a whole new world of smells and sound in a garden Nar do not think so, plus the running making silly noises is great for recall.
    Val

[quote author=Vickydoo link=topic=15512.msg277788#msg277788 date=1288892479]
    Think I am going to have to find some yummier treats for her.

She is on a lead in the garden at the moment (just because while she is still small (ish), she could probably squeeze through the fence to next door).  She seems happy with the lead on her, but when it comes to taking her back inside the house (down a path) she just sits down and refuses to move.  I am trying to get her to come, but she’s just not interested.

I am on this forum constantly trying to find hints and tips so I can make sure she is a well trained dog, especially as is going to be so big.

[/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime