Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Mannys barking

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Mannys barking

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

::) ok he is a gobby sod!! is no getting away from it – and if i have them all together on leads outside he is atrocious – however and this confuses me, is only when walking the streets by my house or by my friends and in the car. at dog shows or walking anywhere else he quiet – shy, and nervous after being bounced on by a over enthusiastic american bulldog when a puppy – unfortunately manny screamed and the bulldog got a little nasty…..

hes a pain in the house too – he knows quiet they all do – dex hushes straight away 9/10 manny….if im downstairs it not a problem can stop him before he really starts but if im upstairs with aeryn etc………..he wont shut up and at times ive had to go down to stop him

best way to sort it? i cant just leave aeryn if shes in the bath but he just ignores my ‘quiet’ when im upstairs?? my neighbour has complained once ( looooooong story and i think he was just having a bad day!!) but either way iI dont like his barking either !!

any help much appreciated!!

Val

They are such a yappy breed I really don’t have an answer cola can comes to mind  :canadian:

Tried it – hes such a pleb he doesnt even care  ::) honey on the other hand didnt like it lol!!

hes a yappy bugger for sure – not sure id have another lol love him dearly but my god that bark – could be used as an effective torture method  ;D

well am working on a watch me cue for when outside – he does know sit and wait so tried that today when getting out the car and bless him he did it and ignored the people about…….

hes just so bloody yappy! his saving grace is he isnt a whinger like most i know 😀

Izzie

mmm to manage I would say give him a stuffed kong while you are bathing Aeryn

Then get that cue solid and reliable while in the room,the work on duration and distance

Trouble is if i give him a kong dex will steal it – and if i give dex a kong he will still steal it and eat both……. have got those kong wobble things you know that you put treats in and the dogs throw em about to get the treats out ( well MINE throw them about haha) i have two of them  – even dex cant steal two of them 😀 thanks Iz never even thought of doing that!!

And will work on the cue etc etc – he can do it i know he can!

Izzie

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=15851.msg279742#msg279742 date=1304972833]
    Trouble is if i give him a kong dex will steal it – and if i give dex a kong he will still steal it and eat both……. have got those kong wobble things you know that you put treats in and the dogs throw em about to get the treats out ( well MINE throw them about haha) i have two of them  – even dex cant steal two of them 😀 thanks Iz never even thought of doing that!!

And will work on the cue etc etc – he can do it i know he can!
    [/quote]

We can chat more at 3 counties, so you better be there  😉 😛 😛

Livs takes her kong to the top of the stairs and throws it down  ::)

Nope not at three counties – see you at windsor though!

well it worked – no barking while i was upstairs with the precious oe 😀

Dex however has worked out how to unscrew the large kong friggin smart arse spaniel  :help:  :surrender:

Izzie

;D ;D ;D Gotta love the spaniel  >:D ;D ;D ;D

hmmm…..  :canadian:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime