Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Importing dogs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

If you were offered a pup from an EU country how old would it be when it would be allowed into the UK.

Am I right in thinking about 4-5 months? after 21 days after vaccs?

kizkiznobite

not sure but i know the regs change in the new year…

why?  😀

Izzie

Just wondering  ;D

.dodger.

As far as I am aware Iz pup would need a rabies vaccine earliest is 3 months old, 3 weeks later a blood test. Once results come back clear the pup can leave the country at any time but can’t re-enter until 6 months after the blood sample was taken.

I think u only need rabies, normal vaccs and flea and worm treatment to enter the UK so 4-5 months sounds about right  😀

Izzie

I take it that is coming from foreign country into UK?

.dodger.

I believe that’s all the UK ask for but I can double checkat work tomorrow for you?

Izzie

yes please!  :-*

Travis 1

A neighbour of our’s is from Poland,they have just had a puppy come out of quarantine and come to live in Wales, she is a Polish Lowland sheepdog,she has just turned 10 months old,she had for some reason been in quarantine for just under 6 months.She is gorgeous,absolutely fab with all dogs but terrified of people,it’s really sad to watch her shying away from all people apart from family members,I have advised the owner to join here for some advice,but although the owners English is great ,they cannot really understand written English

kizkiznobite

am sure we can use a translator travis  🙂

they need to get her out and about…and not re-inforce it  🙂

Izzie

[quote author=Travis 1 link=topic=16133.msg281940#msg281940 date=1321550121]
    A neighbour of our’s is from Poland,they have just had a puppy come out of quarantine and come to live in Wales, she is a Polish Lowland sheepdog,she has just turned 10 months old,she had for some reason been in quarantine for just under 6 months.She is gorgeous,absolutely fab with all dogs but terrified of people,it’s really sad to watch her shying away from all people apart from family members,I have advised the owner to join here for some advice,but although the owners English is great ,they cannot really understand written English
    [/quote]

Not the first PLS I have heard of who was imported and petrified of people  🙁 Friend had one, he was in a right state when they got him, he is now chasing his 3rd and last CC before retiring. Luckily that friend is a trainer/behaviourist so was able to work with him

.dodger.

found this for you Izzie

http://www.defra.gov.uk/publications/files/pb13582-bringing-pets-to-uk-111101.pdf

think your best bet is to contact defra directly to ask about quarantine procedures.

Travis 1

The owner is out and about with her,she takes the kids to the school bus twice a day everyday,plus walks inbetween,I took Trav to the bus with me this morning and it’s the first time in 10 days she has come and given me a sniff

Diesel73

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=16133.msg281932#msg281932 date=1321535345]
    Just wondering  ;D
    [/quote]
    Rotflol, yeah suuuuuuuure  :yes: bwahahahaha. Izzie is not wondering, me thinks…. She is thinking/planning/looking at options bwahahaha. :tease:

Izzie

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=16133.msg282039#msg282039 date=1321786983]
    Just wondering  ;D
    [/quote]
    Rotflol, yeah suuuuuuuure  :yes: bwahahahaha. Izzie is not wondering, me thinks…. She is thinking/planning/looking at options bwahahaha. :tease:
    [/quote]

:tease: :tease: :tease: :butt: :butt:

Val

And I see the purple spotted pig flying over my town  :whatever:

Just wondering  ;D
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime