Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

In the car!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training In the car!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Just wondering what you would suggest bev……..dex and manny share a crate in the boot- now is plenty of room for new pup even when fully grown – but questio is how soon should i put him in crate with the big boys, i dont mind him being in there but should i be a bit more concerned ?? trip home from getting him he can go in crate on back seat – and can do that for a while if needed ??

Just wondering whats best, the boys are good but i dont want him getting squished but at same time he will need to learn to be in crate in boot so how soons too soon??

kizkiznobite

think you going to have to suck and see hun…you need to be able to assess how they are with him in general…

That fine bev that all i needed ot hear – I think they will be good they both shared boot with the chi when he lived here and never a problem ! I not worried of pup being squashed and dex will manage the behaviour in the boot while i drive he a good boy and will sort any problems nicely!

Val

If pup turns out to be an icky one don’t start him out in the boot  :read:
    Much more bounce in the back  😀

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=16239.msg283425#msg283425 date=1324491305]
    That fine bev that all i needed ot hear – I think they will be good they both shared boot with the chi when he lived here and never a problem ! I not worried of pup being squashed and dex will manage the behaviour in the boot while i drive he a good boy and will sort any problems nicely!
    [/quote]

well we get a good test on way home – is 4 hr at least trip haha but friend will be with me so we can see how he goes – but deffo taking care dex even now hangs like a goodun when in the car he never sick but clearly feels it!!

kizkiznobite

yepyep…mind in the cubert puppy thread…we had to go to a funeral 2 or 3 days after i got him…put him on boot with ami…and he did the daft puppy woof stuff at the horses on the hearse….she told him…gently…you just have to asses and decide once they here  🙂

Yup, i think cos dex doesnt feel 100% in the car he cannot tolerate any sillyness, even manny is still and quiet in the car cos dex literally wont stand for it – and he had a good teacher cos honey hates being bounced on in the car 😉 so log as they all ok together i will crate them all – otherwise bev how wrong would it be to put dex ad pup in ad stick manny on back seat if needed just till they settled? not that i forsee any problems but still!! x

kizkiznobite

mmm..well dont know them…but i know if i did that and put cubes on the back seat he would do  :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: :happy: :happy: :happy: :yes: :yes: :yes: :gum: :gum: :gum: here to stay then  ;D

lol nah manny a good boy really, for that sort of thing – he will just settle where ever hes put……but id really rather just stick em all together start as we mean to go on!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime