Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Windsor Champ Show

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Windsor Champ Show

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

VAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sealumber Take A Chance on Me

1 Limit Bitch

Bitch CC  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Diesel73

Okayyyyy  :confused: got no idea what you are excidet about but… i’m excited for you! Good luck with..erm… whatever it is, Izz  ;D .

Diesel73

Ok  ::) , you got me curious now  :butt: . Spill it, what’s this about?  :-*

*Lassie*

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=16469.msg284556#msg284556 date=1340998651]
    Ok  ::) , you got me curious now  :butt: . Spill it, what’s this about?  :-*
    [/quote]
    Think she won best of breed bitch with Livs

No she got the bitch ticket ( challenge certificate) at windsor champ show today – clever girls the pair of you 😀 so pleased for you 😀 😀 😀

Izzie

Am over the moon. Val said to me the first CC is fantastic and its far better to work up to it than get it too early (or something like that!)

and she was right (as always!)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments:

Val

Iv’e just been looking at the results WELL DONE YOU I should of logged on here first LOL the judge knows  his stuff.
    I said she would be your ambassador in the breed now you just have to find a good one to breed. Oh and go get the other two tickets.
    I  am so pleased for you you have made my day did you go and buy a frame?
    Val

Izzie

Wasnt any stalls selling frames that I saw, you have any recommendations please?

She showed her socks off and she loved every minute of it!

There was a big roar from the side of the ring from friends from the breed, so many people were over the moon for me.

The dog who got the BOB is Livia’s cousin and Cubert’s half brother.

*Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=16469.msg284559#msg284559 date=1341001869]
    No she got the bitch ticket ( challenge certificate) at windsor champ show today – clever girls the pair of you 😀 so pleased for you 😀 😀 😀
    [/quote]

Neither Diesel or I have ever shown a dog so that really explains nothing, so what is a CC and what’s the difference between that and best of breed dog/bitch?

Izzie

Challenge Certificates are given to the best dog in the first place classes.

Ie puppy, Junior, Post Graduate, Limit and Open first place bitches then challenge for the certificate.

So out of 4 Livia got 1st in her class, then out of 5, Livia got 1st again.

So she was awarded ‘best bitch’ There is also second place which is called reserve challenge certificate.

The 2 CC dogs (bitch and dog) go against each other for the Best of Breed.

*Lassie*

So I wasn’t totally wrong then 😀
    Cheers for that Izzie, does help if people explain what things mean to us that don’t mix in those circles :yes:

Izzie

[quote author=Val link=topic=16469.msg284566#msg284566 date=1341011097]
    I said she would be your ambassador in the breed now you just have to find a good one to breed. Oh and go get the other two tickets.[/quote]

A few people were not happy that they didnt get it, but most of them were over the moon, there was a huge cheer from the sidelines when we were given the CC an my Jaw dropped.

I think the judge was looking at the mouths but he prefered the old style clumber with clear eyes and good mouths.

As for breeding its an internal debate as to who to go to, as I cannot find many that have not got a certain kennel in their pedigree, or that are health tested or have a COI under 10% if I put them with Livs.

*Lassie*

or have a COI under 10% if I put them with Livs.

excuse my ignorance but what is COI?

Izzie

Coiffeciant of inbreeding.

Its the percentage of inbreeding between dogs, so Livia’s is something like 15% the breed average is 17%

Val

Go oversea’s to breed or buy IMO as you know I would buy one and just show Livs.
    The judge would be looking for a solid made bitch with the old type not because he is old fashioned it’s just that it looks more like a clumber.
    As I said YOU are the future of the breed, don’t be lead by what others are doing, the health tests are not going to go away, be they now more modified now
    Val

A few people were not happy that they didnt get it, but most of them were over the moon, there was a huge cheer from the sidelines when we were given the CC an my Jaw dropped.

I think the judge was looking at the mouths but he prefered the old style clumber with clear eyes and good mouths.

As for breeding its an internal debate as to who to go to, as I cannot find many that have not got a certain kennel in their pedigree, or that are health tested or have a COI under 10% if I put them with Livs.
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime