Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

OH MY doG !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

WOW

totally WOW

i had bonnie free running today when another dog (couldnt tell what someone had shawn it – bedlington or similar ??) ran over to us not taking any notice what so ever of owner

bonnie dog greeted, recalled when asked on the whistle, sat on the whistle and stayed while it investigated her every orifice and the owner finally bloody retrieved it – proud mum :):):)

shes quick my girl !!

also did some onlead heelwork with no distractions

and some recalls with little boy playing with a ball – she was turning on a pin to recall WOWOWOWOWOW all to whistle i would have been hoarse shouting !!!

kizkiznobite

well done both – she a bright girl and anxious to please – but i also think she wants to be managed – to take the pressure off her

Lisa33

Double wow!!! well done Bonnie ;D

Is this the kind of thing I need to be doing with Emmy Bev?ย  Not sure she could sit still while another dog sniffed her ???

Anonymous

hi,

ONE DAY AGO bonnie would *NOT* have done this.

yes O N Eย  D A Y

Claire x

kizkiznobite

bonnie worked with brose and ami yesterday – on the go greet ๐Ÿ˜€

claire will tell you better how they help me – me i just take it for granted expect nothing less and have never gotten around to putting it down in a written word format – took me a while to work out how to take advantage of a dog’s capability to communicate with other dogs get it all on very complex cues and incoprorate it with what i do – that was enough self evaluation ::) ;D

soooo off you go claire ;D

Anonymous

well done bonnie and mum!ย  ;D

Anonymous

hi,

yes i was going to add more to my original post about this anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

OK .. well most of you know I have met Brose and AmiLou before for a walkies so i’ve seen them free running and honestly i wasnt really that taken with clumseys but yesterday ..

my road is a cul-de-sac and i was standing at the top of the “T” watching Bev take bonnie over to Brose (who was secured to a handy lamp-post) Bev gave her the cue to “work” and she stood there perfectly square with the sun behind her and the wind ruffling through her coat she looked so so pretty and I realised why Bev loves her so very much she is SO pretty ๐Ÿ™‚

anyway … on to the training part ๐Ÿ™‚

We practiced lead walking and then did some more with Brose as a distraction to get the “leaveit” cue aswell.ย  Bev then took bonnie up to brose and asked her to “go greet” and “greet nice” Bonnie is a slow reader of doggie language but Brose was giving out “i dont wanna know” and it took Bonnie 4 maybe 5 times to initially greet and back off when Brose told her to.ย  Then when Bonnie was listening better to Brose and taking cues from Bev I had a go and after i remembered to SAY the cues (lol !!) things went OK and the really interesting bit came ๐Ÿ™‚

Bev took brose and started fussing her loads “ooh lovely girl special princess …. etc” and ignoring Bonnie and Bonnie was good (i thought) and didnt barge her off like she would do with william dog.ย  (i should have asked why a bit more here but i was busy) as this was happening Brose was “2 paws” up on bev’s knees (sat down on a wall) and Brose was showing signs of taking over the management but she listened to Bev and let Bonnie learn – i am struggling with words too – to watch a dog and person so connected is amazing, next time i will video if i am allowed (hence i am not really sure why we did this bit) Bev – was it to see that Bonnie accepted she wasnt number 1 ?

Claire x

p.s. mum is knackered … anyone who askes Kiz in – sleep for a week beforehand OK !!!

Anonymous

think we need a visit from auntie bev and the princess!ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰

kizkiznobite

blimey where do i start – mmm
    right brose and i have a mental link we are each 100% sure of the others body language at all times and also have a mental connection – her looking to cue is much more than that i am sure at times i ‘hear’ her in my head – the ‘work’ cue whilst verbal is not the real cue – just a reminder – more to me really – that she is ready and waiting – for her the cues are red collar on and my body language – as i have said each dog has about 10 sentences in the initial greet communication – brose actually has 12 – all these are on cue to me – ami has standard ten and i only have 7 of them cued at the momentย  – so i can intercede at any time in the sentences from brose – these are on visual – claire may have spotted the 4th line of the sentence where i told brose to accept the interaction but respond with a no thanks hun not today – the sideways palm up sweep with left hand claire – on the third greet with me sitting on wall – i cued brose to turn her back on bonnie -this is a powerful sod off i said no and you dont scare me- not the ususal diffuser – she can turn on a sixpence if need be – when i did 2 step with brose (the paws on knee) i gave her the you can tell with force touch cue – that is when she growled – 1st time was a warning second time was an order. i incited the one to one with broseย  so bonnie would get excited – i wanted to see if bonnie would read broses cued – ‘i said f off’ – which she did – at no point was bonnie in ‘danger’ brose knows when she is working and will follow my cues and let me take over the sentence responses 100% because she trusts me to protect her and knows i do not need protecting – if we in that situation then she reads me and we have deifferent cues for that.
    when i got ami out – knowing that she has some sentences missing and her f off is stronger – i was confident that bonnie had learnt enough – ami’s first warning is a serious growl with the full nose curl 2nd warning is a snap – but i dont have both on a fully reliable cue so i have to manage her whilst also watching the other dog but i do have another dog greeting her and being allowed to sniff her bits on cue and that is what we did with ami – 18 months ago ami would have had her head off ;D

i dont mind a vid – but it is a bit complex ;D

ps – the reason i secure brose is so the person feels secure that my dog wont attack – not because she is not controlled or a risk – they need to see her in action first ๐Ÿ™‚

kizkiznobite

and gracie – if you read this – that is why i said on the beach – i need my brose ;D she makes my life sooo much easier – she is my best girl ever – she a bit weird – or maybe we both are – doG knows – but she a superstar – that once in a life time dog ;D

Lisa33

Complex? ย 

I’m confused ??? ย How would I get Emmy to leave if the other dog trys to sniff her and she doesn’t like it? or even to leave a dog full stop if she feels threatend by it?

I think I need to start at the beginning again ๐Ÿ™

kizkiznobite

[quote author=fizzigal link=topic=4187.msg58107#msg58107 date=1154449170]
    think we need a visit from auntie bev and the princess!ย  ๐Ÿ˜€ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰
    [/quote]

you know how to reach me ;D

kizkiznobite

if emmy can speak dog well then she will read the other dog and if felt threatened by it then she would not be near it or come away from it in the first place – she does not feel threatened – this is the most common concept that owners come up with as an excuse – fight or flight is the rule – you are putting this in to human emotive speak – if she was truely scared she would run – she isnt she is in hunt mode – this is where gracie is at – it is not play – it is not protection – it is bullying

let me put it this way – i have an elderly retired pack leader – she speaks good dog but is deaf and arthritic – her body language is now influenced by her shoulder joint being stiff – if a young bouncy dog comes up to her she says sod off – so can she protect herself – and the other dog can see her weakness and takes advantage – whose responsibility is it to prevent this – why should she be subjected to this from another dog – well me – i send brose in

if she learns more dog language then she would be able to tell the other dog not today hun – if the other dog did not follow that then she would re-enforce the sentence – as ami did – then come away – if the other dog is not listening – that is when i slip lead it – stand off my dogs and hand it back to walker with a nice smile and a sarcastic – ever thought about training?

what happened with claire is that bonnie learnt that she is not in control and if another dog comes up then mum will take care of me and i dont have to take care of myself and anyway i dont need to bully cos i can now play nice if the other dog wants to which is much more rewarding than taking it on and having it run away

Anonymous

so much to learn!

Anonymous

isnt it all great!!! ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees โ€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime