Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Canine Pregnancy Scanning

Home Archive Forums General Category Sales and wanted Canine Pregnancy Scanning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Pregnancy Scanning from 28 days post mating available, cost is £15 and I’m in Derby, so well situated for breeders around the Midlands. I am a breeder/exhibitor with 30 years experience with dogs, Arrtificial Insemination also available at £20 per collection/insemination for those struggling getting a natural mating. Contact me on 07990 547480, I’m available 7 days a week and usually at short notice. Thanks

Whats the poll for??  ???

Sorry, new to the site, whats the poll ?

You have put a poll at the top of the topic  ;D

*Nat*

Hello & welcome  🙂

Anonymous

Hallo and Welcome
    Have the KC taken Artificial Insemination off the not too do list????

Anonymous

A.I is allowed by the K.C now if a bitch has produced a litter previously by natural mating, I believe a special form is available to download from their website. I wonder how the K C stand on  a breeder struggling and getting only a slip mating and then giving up and turning to A.I, who’s to say how the bitch conceived should it go on to produce a litter.

Anonymous

Did you not read the link I put up to the KC rules on AI ???

quote :

The General Committee will not normally accept an application to register an AI litter if the donor male is alive and domiciled in the United Kingdom, with one exception namely that Irish Wolfhounds of 8.5 years or older and domiciled in the UK can be used as donors in AI.
    Maiden bitches – Litters produced by AI from bitches that have not previously produced a registered litter naturally may now be registered, but the Kennel Club will not register a litter produced by AI from one of her female progeny, unless the said progeny has already produced at least one registered litter naturally.
    Anonymous

I can understand the reasons for AI with IW and for oversea’s studs but why anyone would want to do a mating this way beggers belief in my world

To avoid the risk of passing infection, should there be one, from dog to bitch or visa versa is one that springs to mind

Anonymous

Well raised well fed dogs do not walk this earth with infections but if we all used AI we would never know if we were breeding fit healthy puppies any dog can do it in a bottle from the true stud dog to the limp willies not every dog can mate a bitch.
    Val

[quote author=canine pregnancy scanning link=topic=8705.msg156295#msg156295 date=1184002175]
    To avoid the risk of passing infection, should there be one, from dog to bitch or visa versa is one that springs to mind
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

[quote author=canine pregnancy scanning link=topic=8705.msg156295#msg156295 date=1184002175]
    [/quote]

i thought that was what pre mating health checks were for

mlb

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=8705.msg155929#msg155929 date=1183799631]
    Did you not read the link I put up to the KC rules on AI ???

quote :

The General Committee will not normally accept an application to register an AI litter if the donor male is alive and domiciled in the United Kingdom, with one exception namely that Irish Wolfhounds of 8.5 years or older and domiciled in the UK can be used as donors in AI.
    Maiden bitches – Litters produced by AI from bitches that have not previously produced a registered litter naturally may now be registered, but the Kennel Club will not register a litter produced by AI from one of her female progeny, unless the said progeny has already produced at least one registered litter naturally.

hey but at the end of the day we all no what the KC are about£££
    [/quote] :canadian:

Anonymous

wouldnt the fact that the bitch didnt get pregnant from slip mating and the fact it was a slip mating lead you to maybe think this pair wasnt the right choice ??

also i expect theres far more chance of infection from AI instruments / handling than there is with properly checked dogs in a responsible breeding programme.

the only reason I can see for AI with domestic pairs is when matings have to be heavily assisted (clumbers come to mind because of the enormous difference between d & b possibly damaging the b).  then we should perhaps be asking if the breed is heading in the right direction if it is such a struggle to mate naturally. 

claire x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime