Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: cause and effect – conscious choice or not…

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs cause and effect – conscious choice or not… Re: cause and effect – conscious choice or not…

GSPmad

And how they know it’s saterday and we close at 16.00…. is beyond me

My two at 8.00 on a Friday night get a special treat, I can be busy doing something and forget so they come and bark at me as a reminder. Dogs do have a concept of time so therefore of future.

ok – they also have body clocks – like how if we are used to waking up at a certain time of day then we do even if we are tryig to sleep in – or stomach says it’s time for tea, etc. so i would say there they are working on body clock not thinking ahead.  😉

[b]ah – but body language can be very subtle – and dogs can smell and detect changes in body chemicals etc – so there may be sufficient difference when you are expecting OH home to give them signals that to them result in a particular consequence – ie OH arriving home; ditto for going to friend’s house.[/b]

Disagree, If for some reason we don’t go to my friend’s house e.g. she is going out, the dogs still think we are going because it’s the day we always go.

as above – body clock – routine.  🙂

Nothing to do with the subject but…..
They also can tell the difference in the ring tones on my phone, they recognize the tones set for my Husband, Mother and my friend each one is different.
If the phone goes off with my friends tone they bark, Mother or Husband they wag their tails.
I think they understand more than we give them credit for.

oh that i agree with. clever clever clever they are, and very very loveable. but i still don’t think they have a concept of the future.  🙂

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime