Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

98 St Bernard dogs rescued

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News 98 St Bernard dogs rescued

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

this was in a kennels not far from me. its awfull  >:( :'(

I read this before  🙁  its unbelievable!  >:(

*Lassie*

It said they were in an awful state and that two died :'(

Her website says she is a qualified vet and offers customers “one of the finest animal boarding establishments”.

She is a founder member of the Kennel Club’s Accredited Breeder Scheme and charges up to £13 a day.

A vet and an accredited breeder :what: so people would expected better

Which makes it all the worse judging by some of the comments at the bottom.  Someone said Crufts was to blame for this  ::)

Disgusting someone of her standing should bloody well know better…..her websites up and running – they do grooming to, god help any animal in her care  :-X

xtine

how awful.. thank god someone reported and was heard  :yes:

Anonymous

From what i have read elsewhere it seems this woman was no stranger to bad publicity & had certainly got a reputation among the international breeding fraternity, i was actually quite shocked by some of the experiences people had with her in past dealings, all unsubstantiated of course but from some of the personal accounts i read she seems little more than a glorified puppy farmer who stands accused of some pretty dubious & vile behaviour and it sounds like the breed will be a lot better off without her involvement in it’s future.

There’s a thread on the champdogs forum with some links to personal accounts from people who had dealings with her in the past that were frankly quite shocking for a breeder of her supposed standards.

Anonymous

The dogs are supposedly fed and watered.   It wouldnt take long for dogs of that size, doing big piles to get into a mess if somebody is feeding them but isn’t clearing up!

There are so many possibilities – accident, mental breakdown,murder?   She might be on holiday and the staff she left have let her down?  There are lots of rumours going around.  I’m not going to pass judgment until they find her.

Anonymous

Like i said, it’s all unsubstantiated but it is very worrying eitherway.  :-\

rona

Why does it have to take until animals suffer before anyone acts. Nobody is there to check on these places unless they are given proof of cruelty or neglect

*Lassie*

http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Police-make-two-arrests-in.4759179.jp

A man and a woman have been arrested in connection with an RSPCA investigation into the discovery of 98 St Bernard dogs that appeared to have been abandoned at a kennels.

Anonymous

rona – you are wrong.

people do check these places is many many of the cases and either turn a blind eye or are powerless to act until it is obvious abuse 🙁

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime