Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

a few Qs

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs a few Qs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ok i have a few questions, so here goes

– when stan gets grass seeds caught in his coat do i need to get them all out, will they dig into him and hurt him? if so then what is the best way to remove them all.
    – stan has started pestering in the morning, at 6am if i am still in bed then he will start paseing between the loung and bedroom and shoving his nose in my face until i get up, why does he do this? how can i stop it?
    – and finaly he has started wimpering and wineing, so why does he do this? and how can i stop it?

any help would be much aprechiated ;D

xtine

When he wakes you up is it cause he needs out? What time is his last pee / poo walk of the night?

When is he whining? 

do u pay any attention when he starts whining? speak to him or give him anything? could be an attention seeking thing…………..

xtine, no he doesnt need to go to the toilet. they first few times that he did this i took him straight into the garden but he just stand there and stares at me so its not that. his last let out is 9pm – 10pm and we go out in the morning between 6am – 8am
    i first noticed him whine a few weeks ago when i was feeding him, he only did it once so i ignored it but then he started doing it everytime i went to feed him so i stopped feeding him when he whined and he only got his food if he didnt make a noise for 1 minuet (aprox) and he soon got the idea. however now he is whining when i tie him up down the horses and go and work with one of the horses, its constant whining, i do ignore it but he just gets louder. i take a kong down most of the time but that doesnt work. i have told him to be quiet a few times

.dodger.

sounds like he’s bored down at the horses. Have you got the quiet on cue?

I have benji and dodger in my room and every morning Benji paces around the room whining. He either does it because he needs out for the loo or he can hear my parents up and wants out.

well he gets the run of the field (5 acre field no less ::) ) and it is only when i am working with a horse that he gets tied up other than that he has the run of the place. so i dont think it can be put entirly down to boardom
    i think its my alarm thats triggering the morning behavoure as he will pace and pester from the moment that my first alarm goes off until i get up.

xtine

Fritz will do this if he knows we are stirring, but as soon as we let him out of the bedroom he hops onto the sofa for a snooze  ::)

.dodger.

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=14556.msg270594#msg270594 date=1248629521]
    well he gets the run of the field (5 acre field no less ::) ) and it is only when i am working with a horse that he gets tied up other than that he has the run of the place. so i dont think it can be put entirly down to boardom
    i think its my alarm thats triggering the morning behavoure as he will pace and pester from the moment that my first alarm goes off until i get up.
    [/quote]

maybe he’s whining when you tie him up because he’s frustrated. He wants to continue running around and you take away that and make him sit away from it all so he gets bored.

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=14556.msg270599#msg270599 date=1248639651]
    [quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=14556.msg270594#msg270594 date=1248629521]
    [/quote]

maybe he’s whining when you tie him up because he’s frustrated. He wants to continue running around and you take away that and make him sit away from it all so he gets bored.
    [/quote]

possibly, i am still working on his cues at the moment. will have to work harder on them :embarrass: i think.
    the thing is though that if he is cued to stay (and when he does stay) then he doesnt whine, its only when he is tied up. so its possible that you are right

xtine stan will go into the lounge and snooze then come back in and shove his nose in my face on my second alarm then go back in the lounge, and will keep doing this until i get up 😀 well at least he gets me up ;D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime