a lesson in learning

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kizkiznobite 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

kizkiznobite

you got it – then you have to start all over again at a higher criteria haha – like rabbit dummies – real ducks on water ::)

Anonymous

Will the criterias be the same or are they different for this work?

kizkiznobite

same 1,2,3 – 4 tends to be gundog classes which are usually held out of doors with all high drive dogs – if you go down that route then you work up the classes to trials and shooting so each has it’s own criteria – as in noisy dummy launchers etc – criteria 5 is huge – as lastpost – rabbits but duck on the water – ducks but game on land etc then up to 5ab then 5abc etc – it starts in the open with a couple of dogs and fun shoots for example with stuff then added up to the real thing – 40 or more guns – beaters, pickers up, loads of dogs sitting at peg, loads of dog working – loads of noise and game all over the place, blood smells, hyper people arguing – very intense ūüôā

Anonymous

So my going to the fridge is the “bridge”¬† ??? He runs to the crate as he has no control over this as it is totally automatic – behaviour is now programmed into brain.¬† ::)¬† No need for training.¬† The training has been that every time I go to the fridge and get the kong we go to crate and he gets kong when in down position.¬† Now he longer thinks about it – automatic response.¬† Am I getting this??¬† :-\

kizkiznobite

the sheets i sent you – ucs to ucr etc write it out like that – and i will go thro it with you ;D

Anonymous

Okay

Unconditioned stimulus Fridge Door = Unconditioned response = pleasure
    Conditioned  and unconditioned stimulus fridge door and kong  = unconditioned response = pleasure
    conditioned and unconditioned stimulus fridge door + kong + crate = unconditioned response = pleasure
    conditioned and unconditioned stimulus down = conditioned response = pleasure
    So conditioned stimulus = fridge door/kong/crate/down = pleasure

No doubt I have made it too complicated.

He knows the sequence equates to pleasure so he goes through the sequence…. Fridge door, sees kong, goes to crate, lies down = pleasure.¬† :-\

kizkiznobite

pretty good  ;D Рnow start at the very begining ;D

Anonymous

In suits – going to work – he knows that means routine of doggie walkie etc.¬† Prior to that kong – all routine….¬†

Same at night tv off, nacho wee wee, into bed, night night. light off…¬† see you in the morning………¬† Same dialect everynight.

Like this morning OH does morning walk, I let him into garden for wee, he came up stairs and waiting on OH getting ready before he came down stairs.¬† Everyone else downstairs he waits on OH and then walks to heel downstairs to front door to go…¬† He is so clever.¬† I never really think about it.¬† It is just our routine what he is conditioned now to do……….¬† Bev sometimes you just turn the light switch on…¬† ;D

Anonymous

This has really got me thinking.

Oven timer going off = conditioned response = salivates

kizkiznobite

very pavlovian ;D

think – do it – email it me ;D

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!