Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Advice please ? Willow nipping & biting. how to correct ?

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk Advice please ? Willow nipping & biting. how to correct ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi can you advise me on this please ? this is probably basic stuff to most of you i would think, I just want to know how to correct it properly.
    I feel the basics are going well, we have daily training sessions in the house ie sit,stay,come (whats this) ,down etc so thats all at criteria one.
    Willow is 9 week old and i know this is just the start of training but how do we get her to stop biting.
    Currently im telling her NO in a strong voice and re directing it to her toys and kongs, but she thinks that i taste much better and comes back for more until she gets fed up. How long will this last if im doing it right.

:confused:

*Lassie*

When she play bites squeal as if she has really hurt you then turn your back on her and ignore her. She will then learn that if she bites then the game/interaction with you stops. 😉

.dodger.

you should always ignore the bad praise the good 🙂

Anonymous

If you ignored her wouldn’t she just carry on tho :confused:

what about nibbling rugs etc ? again i just tell her no and move her away but sometimes she will just run back, she thinks were playing right !!!

*Lassie*

[quote author=Carl&Gem link=topic=14551.msg270572#msg270572 date=1248528820]
    If you ignored her wouldn’t she just carry on tho :confused:

what about nibbling rugs etc ? again i just tell her no and move her away but sometimes she will just run back, she thinks were playing right !!!
    [/quote]

If you ignore her she will stop, with the rugs try using distraction, get a toy and play with it yourself as if it is the most exciting toy in the world. 😉

Anonymous

:educated:

Thanks

And praise her if shes just playing with a toy on her own – so easy to ‘give her attention’ when shes chewing rugs – but we often forget to praise them when they are actually being good and chewing the things they should.  😉

Anonymous

🙂
    thank you..will update as we progress. :ok:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime