Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Am I supposed to start my new puppy’s training right from the start?!?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Am I supposed to start my new puppy’s training right from the start?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

She is very cute :-*
    I meant to say before that as you feed her the cue should be wait not stay 😉
    Wait is wait there we are going to fed you, recall you etc. Wait means there will be another cue coming.
    Stay means stay, do not move till I get back to you.

Hi and welcome from me+Izzy!  😀

What is her affix/lines?  🙂

Anonymous

WOO HOO!! Hello other Izz!! 😀

Being a first time doggie owner, I’ve no idea what you’ve just asked me Foxy!…
    If you tell me what affix/lines are then I might be able to fill you in!! 😀

Anonymous

The Affix is the breeder’s pedigree name. You know like when a pedigree dog has a fancy name? Well it’s the bit at the beggining, ie Cass is called Carsal Deep Desire – her ‘Affix’ is the Carsal bit at the beginning.  The bloodlined will be shown on her 5 generation pedigree if she has one.

hi and welcome well done you for making a start straight away totally the right thing to do, loads of info on here in the stickies, make sure you keep that recall going megga important!  ;D

Anonymous

Ah! I had a hunch that was what you were on about!

Well her KC name is “Ginny Skycross”… so does that mean her affix is Ginny?

She is indeed 5th Generation. I have her full family tree somewhere at home. There’s about 10 Field Trial Champs in there AND even some royal blood from the sandringham black labs!! Ok so it’s a teeny tiny amount but it’s still there as far as I’m concerned!!! hehe…

Anonymous

[quote author=Crafty1980 link=topic=12066.msg232223#msg232223 date=1216886571]
    Ah! I had a hunch that was what you were on about!

Well her KC name is “Ginny Skycross”… so does that mean her affix is Ginny?

She is indeed 5th Generation. I have her full family tree somewhere at home. There’s about 10 Field Trial Champs in there AND even some royal blood from the sandringham black labs!! Ok so it’s a teeny tiny amount but it’s still there as far as I’m concerned!!! hehe…
    [/quote]

One of the girls on here will be able to tell you about her bloodlines, do you have the name of the breeder at all?

Anonymous

Ginny is not a KC Affix  ???

those names not listed Val??

Thats a pet bred name zerlinda  🙂

What about parents/grandparents names?  🙂

oh dear  🙁 shame, i know lots of people that think they have well bred pedigree doggies and don’t, lots of fake papers etc its a shame and something i need to learn alot more about before i get another dog in the distant future.

but this one may have some good breeding in his line maybe? i presume that means people but a good dog and then just pet breed from it, not research and no checks and just any old dog?

sorry hope this isn’t hijacking too much  :-\

Anonymous

Well this is the info I was given…

Name: Ginny Skycross
    DOB: 13th May 2008
    Colour: Black
    Reg No: AJ02409605
    Sex: F
    Bred by: Ben Cross

Parents:
    Sire – FTAW Black Banjo of Aldertree – Hips 4:4 – Eyes Clear
    Dam – Applegun Staff Sergent – Hips 0:0 – Eyes Clear

Sire Grand Parents:
    Sire – Springtime Dale – Hips 4:4 – Eyes Clear
    Dam – Flash Felicity – Hips 5:4 – Eyes Clear

Dam Grand Parents:
    Sire – Count Roku
    Dam – Applegun Simply The Best

Do I need to go back more? I’ve got it all the way back to G.G.G.Grandparents…

To be honest, if it is all made up then, yes obviously I’m annoyed but it’s not the end of the world to me… I didn’t buy her for the pedegree, I bought her because the parents were both lovely lovely dogs (I saw them both) and the family were really nice people to. I just got a nice vibe off them all… and besides, she didn’t exactly cost me a lot of money!!

GSPmad

[quote author=Crafty1980 link=topic=12066.msg232414#msg232414 date=1216986264]
    To be honest, if it is all made up then, yes obviously I’m annoyed but it’s not the end of the world to me… I didn’t buy her for the pedegree, I bought her because the parents were both lovely lovely dogs (I saw them both) and the family were really nice people to. I just got a nice vibe off them all… and besides, she didn’t exactly cost me a lot of money!!
    [/quote]

In that case how bothered are you about doing gundog work with her? Because if she was cheap and has been more pet than working bred you won’t necessarily have a good worker.  :-\ Do you know if the parents were eye tested?

If the working doesn’t matter that much to you then fair enough.

GSPmad

Can’t check in BRS cos it won’t be out till mid August. Did you get KC reg papers with her to transfer ownership?

Anonymous

Actually I take that back… She wasn’t that cheap (£400)

What I’d be more annoyed about is that if she isn’t a pedigree (I personally still believe she is), then how was I allowed to find her through the KC website by clicking on “search for a pedigree dog/puppy” link??!?!!?!

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12066.msg232416#msg232416 date=1216986710]
    Did you get KC reg papers with her to transfer ownership?
    [/quote]

Yes I did… and I have transfered ownership into my name…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime