Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Am I supposed to start my new puppy’s training right from the start?!?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Am I supposed to start my new puppy’s training right from the start?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author

i have so much to learn on this side of things  🙂 but understand how you feel crafty she is your dog and come from a good place, is enough yeah  🙂

Anonymous

[quote author=zerlinda link=topic=12066.msg232418#msg232418 date=1216987070]
    i have so much to learn on this side of things  🙂 but understand how you feel crafty she is your dog and come from a good place, is enough yeah
    [/quote]

Well I’m pretty sure she certainly isn’t a Heinz 57 or any other sort of mungrel (sp?) !  🙂

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12066.msg232415#msg232415 date=1216986532]
    Do you know if the parents were eye tested?
    [/quote]

Isn’t that what “Eye’s Clear” means in my info post GSP??? Or is that for something else??

Anonymous

[quote author=Crafty1980 link=topic=12066.msg232414#msg232414 date=1216986264]
    Well this is the info I was given…

Name: Ginny Skycross
    DOB: 13th May 2008
    Colour: Black
    Reg No: AJ02409605
    Sex: F
    Bred by: Ben Cross

Parents:
    Sire – FTAW Black Banjo of Aldertree – Hips 4:4 – Eyes Clear
    Dam – Applegun Staff Sergent – Hips 0:0 – Eyes Clear

Sire Grand Parents:
    Sire – Springtime Dale – Hips 4:4 – Eyes Clear
    Dam – Flash Felicity – Hips 5:4 – Eyes Clear

Dam Grand Parents:
    Sire – Count Roku
    Dam – Applegun Simply The Best

Do I need to go back more? I’ve got it all the way back to G.G.G.Grandparents…

To be honest, if it is all made up then, yes obviously I’m annoyed but it’s not the end of the world to me… I didn’t buy her for the pedegree, I bought her because the parents were both lovely lovely dogs (I saw them both) and the family were really nice people to. I just got a nice vibe off them all… and besides, she didn’t exactly cost me a lot of money!!
    [/quote]

Ok i did find some info on the Sire that looks impressive, looks like they are gundog breeders rather than pet breeders – http://www.aldertreegundogs.co.uk/labs.html but i can’t find anything on the Dam as yet. Here’s some more info on the sire’s breeders – http://www.aldertreegundogs.co.uk/index.html

Hi there, was just interested in knowing more about affixes etc so had a look re the dam, this might not be what you had in mind Mark but hey, it was interesting looking!

http://www.appleguns-labrador.co.uk/4682/4709.html

Anonymous

She’s a pure bred registered Lab Reg No: AJ02409605 gundog people are in a world of there own  ;D they don’t always follow KC rules they are looking IMO for a better lab than what is in the showring, if they see a good dog working a shoot and they like it they will use it thats why sometimes there are no affixes but they still have to be registered with the KC.
    What sets them apart from pet breds is they know what they are looking for in a good gundog.
    Crafty she was cheap  😉 the hip scores on that list are really good and I have no idea why GPS asked if they were eye tested as you can see they are and all clear.
    Val

Anonymous

[quote author=Val link=topic=12066.msg232437#msg232437 date=1216992372]
    Crafty she was cheap  😉
    [/quote]

What can I say… I like my girls cheap! haha 😉

…Yeah I know there are much more expensive labs out there… I’m not that naieve…
    Ben

Anonymous

And not as good as the one you have brought  ;D tis a strange thing out of all the members that post on this board that own labs they all have working labs

[quote author=Crafty1980 link=topic=12066.msg232440#msg232440 date=1216992628]
    [quote author=Val link=topic=12066.msg232437#msg232437 date=1216992372]
    Crafty she was cheap  😉
    [/quote]

What can I say… I like my girls cheap! haha 😉

…Yeah I know there are much more expensive labs out there… I’m not that naieve…
    Ben
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Heh thanks for the positive compliment that I might have actually bought a decent gundog! 🙂

Incedentally… The reason she’s called Ginny Skycross is because the pups were born when bl**dy XFactor was on the TV!!

The breder had to choose names and so decided to call them after the finallists (Remember Gin the dog?) and all the names have “Cross” because that’s the breeders Surname! Not sure where the “sky” bit came from though!

GSPmad

[quote author=Crafty1980 link=topic=12066.msg232445#msg232445 date=1216992983]
    Heh thanks for the positive compliment that I might have actually bought a decent gundog! 🙂

Incedentally… The reason she’s called Ginny Skycross is because the pups were born when bl**dy XFactor was on the TV!!

The breder had to choose names and so decided to call them after the finallists (Remember Gin the dog?) and all the names have “Cross” because that’s the breeders Surname! Not sure where the “sky” bit came from though!
    [/quote]

More by luck than judgement.

And since you ask Val – I missed the bit re eyes. I do apologise for failing to notice it in the post. And if we’re being pedantic you could manage to get GSP the right way round.  ::)

And I didn’t respond to Crafty1980’s response because I was going to lose my temper. And quite frankly I don’t care – since I have started I will finish.

Someone who obviously hasn’t bothered doing their research or reading before getting what they hope will be a working gundog puppy.

Well good for you… Clearly nothing in this world is good enough for any dog or newbie owner! To be honest, I don’t care about corporate branding, organic fat free post modernist arty farty homecooked whatever blah blah blah, or anything else… If I get a good vibe from something or somewhere then I’ll act on whatever they tell me because, quite frankly, I haven’t got a clue… and I’m very sorry I don’t have a clue… Maybe I was naieve to think that I should have spent months and months researching before I got a dog…

Someone who says this when they hear what they don’t like. For no reason that I can see from the previous postings. And has admitted they did not research.

Someone that isn’t actually bothered about the pedigree. Because the dog was cheap. Who has a go unless people say what they want to hear.

So you just keep posting and listen to what you want to hear and ignore the rest.

Doesn’t bother me. Like I said – have had enough and just don’t care any more.

Anonymous

oh…my…god… I never knew the world of “pedigree dogs” was so snobby!

Ah you know what, I’ll leave you all alone to enjoy your fun and go at it alone thanks.

PS – Some advice was useful to me so thanks for that who ever posted it…

Anonymous

What happened here?  ???

Anonymous

Nope, i can’t see where any of that came from. I thought people were being helpful & can’t really see how this fell apart. Has something been deleted somewhere? I am confused as hell now. Where did the ‘snobby’ business come into anything?

Izzie

[quote author=Mark. link=topic=12066.msg232467#msg232467 date=1216995833]
    Nope, i can’t see where any of that came from. I thought people were being helpful & can’t really see how this fell apart. Has something been deleted somewhere? I am confused as hell now. Where did the ‘snobby’ business come into anything?
    [/quote]

Nothing has been deleted Mark

Anonymous

In that case i’m even more confused because i can’t see where GSP’s post came from.  :-\

was a different post Mark from a question re treats for puppies i think?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime