Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Another Dog Attack In London.

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Another Dog Attack In London.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have no links yet but will add when it becomes available.

Just been on the local news in London that a woman returning from shopping was attacked by 2 dogs in Camberwell London on saturday & is still in hospital because her injuries were so serious. She is having to be sedated every time they change the dressings because the bites on her legs & arms are so severe.

For some unknown reason the police did not confiscate the dogs until today & there is no news on what breed they were or if they have already been destroyed. They were apparently being walked by a man when they both took off without warning and attacked the woman while she walked home.

She said in hospital the at the man walking the dogs kept telling her to stop screaming because she was making the dogs worse & she was saved when a passer by intervened and dragged her away from the dogs into his car.

I have a horrible feeling i know exactly what kind of breed these dogs are going to be.  :-\

oh mark i hope they arent :'( :'(

Anonymous
    Anonymous

two large white dogs sounds like they could be American Bulldogs  :-\

arent they illegal in the uk?

Anonymous

[quote author=Val link=topic=12015.msg230486#msg230486 date=1216126676]
    two large white dogs sounds like they could be American Bulldogs  :-\
    [/quote]

You know Val that’s exactly what i thought by the description. Although all the boroughs in London are flooded with Pitt Bull ‘types’ & staffs so there’s a high chance they were a fighting dog.

Anonymous

American Bulldogs you can have, they are more like a boxer in shape but with the head of a pitt bull.

[img width=468 height=404]http://www.sanderskennels.com/American%20Bulldogs/06-11-06%20222copy%20american%20bulldog.jpg[/img]

Sweetypye

Hmm could we be jumping to conclusions and acting as irresponsibly as the media in putting a picture of a SBT when it was not etc????????????

White dogs COULD mean almost anything.

American Bulldogs are NOT banned in the UK and there lots of very nice ones about being trained for various disciplines as well as being pets.

Anonymous

Of course they could be anything, but it’s just a point worth noting that the estates in that part of London do have serious issues with certain types.

*Lassie*

The owner said ‘stop screaming, you’re making it worse’,

I would like to set the dogs on him and see if he could stay quiet as they are biting him >:D

Anonymous

No they are not illegal they are not a KC breed
    Yes Mark the net is full of them and staffi/ABT just that the link said big and they are bigger than staffies

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=12015.msg230487#msg230487 date=1216126893]
    arent they illegal in the uk?
    [/quote]

Anonymous

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=12015.msg230492#msg230492 date=1216127416]
    Hmm could we be jumping to conclusions and acting as irresponsibly as the media in putting a picture of a SBT when it was not etc????????????

White dogs COULD mean almost anything.

American Bulldogs are NOT banned in the UK and there lots of very nice ones about being trained for various disciplines as well as being pets.

[/quote]

I dont see a picture of a SBT ???

Anonymous

Oh i just put the picture of the American Bulldog up to show Kerrie what they look like. We used to have a big one at the old club i left that fancied Cass like mad, he used to drag his owner over to us to sniff her bits. lol

thanks mark for the pic 🙂

thought i had read or heard somewere that they were illegal in the uk :-\

Anonymous

The police have confirmed that they removed 2 adult dogs and 10 puppies from an address on the estate this morning. The daughter of the victim also indicated that they were ‘fighting’ dogs, they were really angry that the dogs remained free to roam the estate for another 3 days unmuzzled after the attack.

I wonder if the fact they had puppies had anything to do with them attacking the woman. Could they have been in defensive mode on thier estate?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime