Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Another Dog Attack In London.

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Another Dog Attack In London.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

There are only four breeds that are banned in the UK they are the Pit Bull Terrier,  Japanese tosa,
    Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=12015.msg230509#msg230509 date=1216136885]
    thanks mark for the pic 🙂

thought i had read or heard somewere that they were illegal in the uk :-\
    [/quote]

ah thanks val 🙂

Anonymous

I have had the absolute pleasure to work with 2 am bulldogs in rescue and they can be gorgeous dogs like any dog but the pic mark put up looks like the smaller type – the other type are much larger and readily confused with white boxers or called “boxer/mastiff” crosses.

I can also imagine they are pretty much terrifying in an attack 🙁

Anonymous

There is a video link to the news story now.  😉

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7508600.stm

Bilclarie

Ouch her injuries look really nasty poor woman, maybe if they started to put the owners of these dogs to sleep it would stop people letting there animals run riot.

i wouldn’t have believed that the police would have waited 3 days to seize the dogs i thought they just took them straight away and then investigated?  awful and i think if i could i would have beaten the owner myself for saying that! what an as…….!!

Anonymous

Wandsworth council have brought in really strict control orders where tenants can face eviction if they don’t take responsibility for thier dogs & they must be chipped to identify owners. I think they are also looking into a type of license as well that dog owners will have to buy. There are calls for other local authorities to follow thier example.

Personally i think it’s time that more was done because it’s the responsible owners who are suffering the consequences of the actions (or lack thereof) of a minority of idiots who think it’s clever to make dogs fight & terrify neighbourhoods.

I would be more than willing to pay for a license for Cass. I think Ryan on k9 has the right idea myself, it should be a privalige to own a dog – not a right. If people want a dog they should be made to prove they are worthy of being responsible.

Anonymous

Mark,

here here !!!  it should be a priviledge to own a dog 🙂  I would gladly pay a fee if it really cut down twonks owning dogs – perhaps it could be used to fund a “puppy farm police” to go and shut them down?  I also think that the license should have to be revised each time you take on a dog (to see if you are suitable to own 17 dogs (or whatever) like they sometimes show on “life of grime”.

how about adding some regulation on dog walking businesses and people that can call themselves “behaviourists” (type who do more harm than good).

it all sounds expensive and would increase the price of black market dogs which would come from pup farmers …. gawd why cant people just be responsible?????

Claire x

p.s. I saw a lovely boy yesterday Mark – I dont suppose I can temp Cass to a lovely little brother?

[img width=310 height=468]http://www.maxicare-dog-rehoming.org/Adoption/Dogs%20-%20Ollie.jpg[/img]

Anonymous

Ooooh a puppy!  😀 ;D

As much as i would love to Claire i know that Cass would never share me – she likes to have me all to herself. lol

Anonymous

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12015.msg230669#msg230669 date=1216195411]
    Mark,

here here !!!  it should be a priviledge to own a dog 🙂   I would gladly pay a fee if it really cut down twonks owning dogs – perhaps it could be used to fund a “puppy farm police” to go and shut them down?  I also think that the license should have to be revised each time you take on a dog (to see if you are suitable to own 17 dogs (or whatever) like they sometimes show on “life of grime”.

how about adding some regulation on dog walking businesses and people that can call themselves “behaviourists” (type who do more harm than good).

it all sounds expensive and would increase the price of black market dogs which would come from pup farmers …. gawd why cant people just be responsible?????

Claire x

[/quote]

Agreed Claire,

It would also mean that we wouldn’t have sixteen year old lads parading fighting dogs on the streets unless they could prove themselves to responsible enough not to allow thier dogs to intimidate the public.

I think to a large extent it would police itself, with all the revenue it would raise it would more than finance an officer withing each local authority to enforce the conditions attached to owning a dog. So many of the issues around percieved dangerous dogs could be solved very easily if there was not so much reluctance on the part of local authorities to impliment unpopular rules regarding dogs.

If you walked down the street armed with a deadly weapon you could expect the full weight of the law to come down on you, but right now we have young kids doing exactly that with a lethal weapon on the end of a lead but for some reason that’s acceptable.

Is it just me that’s going mad or the rest of society?  ::)

not just you mark!

lots of people agree  🙂

Anonymous

Hi,

How true, and very relevant too with all the media coverage of knife crime recently.  A dog does have the possibility of being equally dangerous and with increasing pressures against carrying knives (and guns before that) I wonder if we will see a rise in “protection dogs” to replace these as they are “less risky” option.

He is a pup mark, just over a year – but he is much loved in kennels until his right person comes 🙂

yep – i am sure you are not alone, i didnt want to have children for a long long time because i worried what sort of life they would have and their children might have.  what is the “magic formula” that kept me and my sister in school, working hard and more interested in horses and brass bands than boys – when our peers were off getting high on illegal drugs, smoking, drinking, getting pregnant and are still sat festering “on the social”?  … and more to the point – how do i find out !!!

Claire x

Its regulating those sort of laws isnt it – the whole thing needs looking at – ANYONE can be a behaviourist ANYONE can be a dog walker ANYONE can be a groomer, – heavens Val will know some of the so called groomers let loose on peoples dogs…………..its scary its not just dog owners causing harm and stress. sadly  >:(

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime