Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

barking question

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training barking question

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

She comes in , if he barks you both ignore don’t even look at him, she can sit or potter about but as soon as he shuts up praise and reward. Then do it all over again ;D

ok thanks i will let you know how that goes tommorrow ;D

Anonymous

bless you kerrie – course you can ask πŸ™‚

my dogs moved alert barking on so much that they would bark for up to 30mins or more if i wasnt in – even if someone walked past on the opposite side of the road and i had my curtains closed and windows shut – they would kick off when the postman came to every door in the street (and i mean every) just moved on moved on more and more sensitised until you could almost drop a pin across the way and they’d bark.

got a good way to curing it tho – as Lassie is telling you plus the “little routine” – night night music on DAP in the room they sleep in let out for weewee last little bikkie and they settled – even mist – for 4hrs.

if things are still amicable with your neighbours and if you havent done so already i would say you’re working to sort the problem as its annoying you aswell πŸ˜‰

Claire x

i have spoken to the neighbours and told them that i was working on it, but they arent the nicest of neighbours (thanks to my ex)

claire i only asked as wasnt sure if itwas a sore subject or not πŸ™‚ but now i know what could happen its made me more determined to get it sorted ;D

Anonymous

its ok kerrie πŸ™‚

it was sore as my neighbours were cross too but it worked well and fairly fast too – and this was mainly while i was out and with all 3 of them howling / barking like little lost souls !! (misty howled like a wolfie for her pack) whereas you are in and can reward much faster etc πŸ™‚Β 

claire x

Doesnt sound that bad to me if its only one barkΒ  ??? our neighbours dog barks for ages if someone even looks at their doorΒ  ::) and claire the dog does what your did, I guess we must just be understanding – never crossed our minds to complain she shuts up eventually!

my neighbours used to be ok but my ex was a little bugger and kept leaving poos in the grassy bit outside our front door and other things so now they arent very tolerant of me

Well how understanding of them – not like it was you that did it – gotta love some people eh.Β  ::)
    They wouldnt really complain over one bark would they? seriously?

mmm lovely neighours ::)
    they do complain if its at 10pm or 1am in the morning, during the day they arent to bad but i realy dont want to talk to them again so if i can get this sorted then i wont have to >:D

They should try living hereΒ  >:D

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ i will trade you ;D

you want my neighbours?Β  πŸ˜€

they cant be as bad as mine πŸ˜›

Anonymous

err kerrie – mine told me they wished misty had been killed rather than come here …. are you sure you wanna chance someone elses neighbours ?

did you know …

there is NO law which relates to the time of day – as far as prosecution for noise nuisance by env. health 1am, 1pm … it matters not.

also if they do complain you’ll be officially warned by letter and contacted in person before any monitoring is in place.

most cases brought by my local council result in “no nuisance present” outcomes, often before even the recording stage.Β 

i know you want it sorted, you’re doing everything you can – they take that into account, give you advice and a chance to put in practice – all very fair from what my enquiries came across.

also – the police told me that most people who threaten things arent actually the people who commit crimes, if they wanted to assault you / poison your dogs (which i was threatened with) they’d just do it without farting about telling you πŸ˜‰

Claire x

oh doG claire that is just nasty :'( i think i will stick with my neighours actually :-\

there is NO law which relates to the time of day – as far as prosecution for noise nuisance by env. health 1am, 1pm … it matters not.

didnt know that

also if they do complain you’ll be officially warned by letter and contacted in person before any monitoring is in place.

i did kind of know that ;D

also – the police told me that most people who threaten things arent actually the people who commit crimes, if they wanted to assault you / poison your dogs (which i was threatened with) they’d just do it without farting about telling you

oh doG no they arent that bad as to threaten any person or animal, they just mone a bit thats all

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime