Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Barney Finds a home!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? Barney Finds a home!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

our new caretaker at our school needs to rehome the dog he bought just over 2 weeks ago, poor little thing has seperation anxiety,  as soon as the guy came to school he would chew anything he could get hold of,we managed to borrow a crate which he seems happy to go in, sleep in, but the guys circumstances have changed, he wife was due to join him but is now leaving him instead 😮 long story,

anyway this dog  or puppy should i say is 6 months supposed to be a whippet/collie cross but looks more like a whippet than anything but is black & white. Will see if I can get a few pics of him,  he’s a gorgeous little thing, bit timid, cowers at newspapers and quick movements 🙁 he came from a house with 3 staffs and a large rowdy family, not sure what went on but something obv did, the c/taker would dearly love to keep him but is probably going to leave the job and go back to where he lived before in sussex, and he cant take him back with him,I said I would put out a plea on here incase anyone can help?

If we cant find a home within the next few days he’s going to take him to the RSPCA 🙁

Cant really tell you much more other than he’s dog friendly, loves to play ball, now he knows what one is! Am at a show tomorrow so I’m going to ask around, but he needs/wants to find him a home asap as he’s starting to escape from the crate aswell now?!  He’s ruining the house apparently and its only just been done up by the school for the new caretaker to live in.

:help:

kizkiznobite

claire may well know a foster home at least for this boy……

Anonymous

she’s away this weekend though, can you get in touch with her at all, maybe we’d be able to sort something before she goes back up as we’re not far from A34 where she would turn off to go home, I could get him there if needed?
    will try get you  on MSN later have to go out AGAIN!! sorry

Anonymous

Ok forget all that …for now…. had the guy on the phone earlier, close to tears, says he cant give him up, doesnt want to really, feels it owes it to the dog , he’s the only thing the guys got at the moment, plan was his wife’s company were moving to Guildford so he looked for another caretaker job, he got his, they moved up here, wife stayed working in sussex with view to moving up here permanently and then he got hit with the ‘I dont love you anymore’ bit,  so he obv feeling a bit emotional wanted to go home, now changed his mind, so we’ll see, me & Debs will keep an eye on the dog, and help if we can if he needs it. Thanks anyway 🙂

-Alison-

oh poor fella, wish him & Barney good luck for me Sue  :ok:

Anonymous

aw thanks Alison :-*

what a shame hope it all turns out ok  :yes: poor guy and poor barney

deebee

sounds like they need each other. i wish them well.

Anonymous

awwwwwww jaydex … collie x whippet lurcher *swooon*

you tell him from me – good choice of dog, stick with him  😀 

i am a little concerned about how he is escaping from crate tho – i have 4 different types and i would struggle as a human opening them from the inside.  i have a spare 1m long rosewood crate – i struggle getting in so i challenge it to get out haha!!!  would find some way of getting it down if needs must.

– DAP …. cant tell u how much this helped with Misty and she howled the place down
    – bones  .. keep it busy – u know the drill 😀 
    – kongs
    – valerian
    – rescue remedy
    – FOOD … absolutely NO crap food colours, additives, flavours will send it loony, very low protein and not too much grains or it’ll be loopy(er) 😀

and when he can practice sep anx. stuff, plus a run before school if poss (on a long line if he cannot trust offlead but a run not a lead walk – whippety things like a burn 1st thing) they also like company so radio / tv / blankets smelling of you, pop back when he can reward big if he quiet etc ….

claire x

Anonymous

He def a pure whippet, met a lbreeder at the show on sunday, who said they really dont like being on their own, she gave me her number, she’s only near Heathrow so not far from here and said to tell the guy any probs give her a call, she would help him out as much as she could, even if he just wanted a chat, so he’s got her number now.
    Not sure what he eats, did get him a kong and gave him some naturediet to fill it with, bones coming from butcher this week, could suggest RR, might help I suppose.

Cheers 🙂

Anonymous

hi,

i used rr + rock rose when i worked in the kennels with the new dogs coming in as its a bloody shock being in kennels after a warm home and i expect being an only one is a huge shock and yes Sue – whippety type things detest being alone 🙁

they are also hyper hyper sensitive – usually to noise, emotions, additives/chemicals i wouldnt reccommend using anything like “spot on” on a whippet skin either just as an aside.

claire x

Anonymous

hi,

sue – have pm’d you 🙂

claire x

Anonymous

Barney is again looking for a home >:(
    Claire has given  me a number of a lady who can take Barney, now its down to the guy to get it sorted, lets hope he does!
    I  :surrender:  🙁 >:(

poor dog, hope he gets sorted soon

awww poor barney, hope he’s sorted soon poor lad.  🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime