Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Bikejor pics

Home Archive Forums Dogs Advanced Dog Training Bikejor pics

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

[quote author=sukasud link=topic=12164.msg234386#msg234386 date=1217849994]
    [quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=12164.msg234360#msg234360 date=1217836700]
    gorge pictures i love the side shot of them running ;D ive been thinking about doing this with stan before the only problem is he wouldnt leave my side so we would get anywere 😀
    [/quote]

You could run him with a springer attachment on the side of your bike.
    [/quote]

would need to buy a bike first ;D but that sounds good, will look into it later

[img width=468 height=351]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/rosegallagher/mushing/P1000521.jpg[/img]

MY fave – look at their legs  ;D

Just brillaint love to see photos like that Kaviks face is a picture so happy  ;D

i missed this the first time ;D they are actually in time with each other ;D did it take you ages to get them to do that?

Lovely pics  🙂

you should read ummm the ‘Dog’ book by Ray and Lorna Coppinger – is some fascinating stuff in there about dogs running together like that – I cant remember it all, but I THINK it had something to do with less exertion – cant remember will have a read to check now tonight  ;D

.dodger.

brill pic’s! i love to see dogs working! they are both gorgeous :-* :-*

sukasud

My husband was testing out his new camera on them.  😉 Just liuck getting a pic of them running in unison with the same legs moving.  ;D

luck maybe – but if they were doing that ‘for real’ thats what they want – now I really AM going to have to look up the bit I read maybe Bev will know think shes read the book.

sukasud

would be interesting to know.  😉

Izzie

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12164.msg234646#msg234646 date=1217885397]
    luck maybe – but if they were doing that ‘for real’ thats what they want – now I really AM going to have to look up the bit I read maybe Bev will know think shes read the book.
    [/quote]

page 157 onwards Suz 😉

Thanks Izzie!! Just scanned is all to do with the size and shape too if im right – and them matching am sure out of step dogs use up more energy – didnt have time to read it last night, but will soon as I get chance!! Everyone should have this book anyway makes fascinating reading  ;D

kizkiznobite

the gait of snow dogs is totally fascinating…and yes it an energy saver but the fascinating bit is how the lead dogs adjust it so fast according to the different surface and the transistion time of this withing the team is what helps to win or lose races

sukasud

I have noticed when they run that they often seem to match going up/ down as they run (if you understand me) a while into their run.

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12164.msg234668#msg234668 date=1217920616]
    the gait of snow dogs is totally fascinating…and yes it an energy saver but the fascinating bit is how the lead dogs adjust it so fast according to the different surface and the transistion time of this withing the team is what helps to win or lose races
    [/quote]

Knew you would know  ;D I found it fascinating too what I read, shame it didnt stick in my brain  :-[

wags

OK so how do you not go splat on a normal bike ?

ive had a go on a rig pulled by collies but on a bike i would so go splat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime