Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Black Russian Terrier Training

Home Archive Forums Dogs Advanced Dog Training Black Russian Terrier Training

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Grom

Dear All,

I have a 9 month old BRT who is trained in all the basics sit, down, stay heel, etc he’s no GSD but we have fun and are both learning  😉 I am beginning to train him in guard and agility has anyone in this forum ever trained a BRT who would be willing to share their experiences with me.

Kind Regards,

Nick & Grom

Hi,

I dont have a BRT but I wanted to say welcome and I’d love to see any pictures you have as I have never seen one !

My main advice for training any agility dog in general would be that if you have several classes locally look round them all before you take your dog along to find one which you think will suit you best and be prepared to travel to find the right one if you need to 🙂

Claire.

Grom

Thanks Claire,

there are may sites now for BRT try this website http://www.potterspride.co.uk and your see some great examples of BRT.

nick

.dodger.

I can’t think of anyone who has a BRT on the board ??? But i would love to hear more about your puppy and  see some picture’s of him. Has he got a name? I do like BRT’s, didn’t realize they were so big until crufts a few years ago.

Sweetypye

Not sure what part of the world you live in but there are 2 BRTs training for Schutzhund at Ulfs in Herts; if that is what you mean by guarding; Ulf trains pets, Working Trials and Schutzhund etc.

http://www.k9ulf.com/index.php?vars=training/schutzhund

Grom

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=14182.msg266578#msg266578 date=1241179318]
    Not sure what part of the world you live in but there are 2 BRTs training for Schutzhund at Ulfs in Herts; if that is what you mean by guarding; Ulf trains pets, Working Trials and Schutzhund etc.

http://www.k9ulf.com/index.php?vars=training/schutzhund
    [/quote]msg

Thanks Sweetypye for your msg. I am based in the Ukraine and have been trying to contact people for sometime but the BRT scene in the Ukraine and the rest of the world seems to be very much tied up in showing and people are forgetting why the dog was breed for in the first place and are more interested in their appearance than the dogs thinking and working ability.

Would it be possible to put me in contact with the two people who training at your club plz ?

Looking forward to hearing from you shortly,

Regards,

Nick

PS are you using clickers at your club ? and are the BRT’s being trained by clickers ?

kizkiznobite

hi and welcome

and please post some pics…been a long long time since i saw a brt  🙂

Grom

Ok give me a couple of days to take some new photos as all the ones i have are in Raw and you guys only allow 128KB’s of down loads

WOW !!!

they are HUUUUUUGE !!! 

i have to say that website is well worth a visit, the breeder looks to follow alot of the principles we value on here 🙂 

claire x

Hello and welcome  🙂

Grom

Hi All,

Grom Pic # 1

Regards,

Nick

Attachments:

Grom

Hi All,

Grom Pic # 1

Regards,

Nick

Attachments:

Grom

I;m making a pigs ear of these postings sorry  ;D

ok heres another

whilst training !  :canadian: :canadian:

Attachments:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime