Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Cruciate Ligament

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Cruciate Ligament

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    rona

Policy does cover it but they need to see initial vet report before agreeing to it, so may be paying myself unless they think it’s worth it for him. Can’t wait for them to make their minds so have booked him in for 3 more swims next week as advised by the vet.
    He just had a get used to it day today but really enjoyed himself after the first 2-3 minutes of panic.
    I don’t think there will be any problem getting him in the water next week!

Good good glad he enjoyed himself – will do him the world of good  :yes:

waggietail

Hi
    my springer has a torn CL, she done over 3 years ago… she as a pup was always a very active dog but never really thought nothing about it… When the vet said what it was he said she can either have an op that will put it right but may happen again or give plenty of rest no long walk and hydro work… they gave us pain killers for her…
    We crated her for a while she got better… She just recently pulled it again so she is on bed rest but wont sit still… The ligament healed it self i believe but she just keeps pulling hers… def hydro work my springer loves it esp when its in the local lake lol…

Lovely golden by the way….

rona

Thanks. Alf doesn’t like swimming in cold weather though he loves it when it’s warm.
    How was your dog after the first cruciate strain? Did she go back to full exercise and for how long before she pulled it again?
    I know there is always going to be a weakness but as he’s nearly 7 I don’t think he needs to rush around after ball etc. but we like going on very long walks

waggietail

We only keep her on short walks now and have done ever since it happened it was the best thing for her.

We are trying a lot of other things out on her one thing is reki (i think thats the ways its spelt) my sisters friend told her about it and some magnetic balls massaged into her leg. As she is an old girl too we dont over exercise her even though she would love it and its hard as she has excess energy… I cant really suggest what to do with your walks but def keep then short and plenty of them…

rona

Thanks for info. The other problem I’m having is, keeping his weight down. He has put on 3kgs in the last 4 weeks, I’m looking at changing him to senior or light feed but any suggestions welcome

Anonymous

Just feed less, food is fuel if the engine is not running he doesn’t need the fuel  :ok:

[quote author=rona link=topic=12703.msg250198#msg250198 date=1226133172]
    Thanks for info. The other problem I’m having is, keeping his weight down. He has put on 3kgs in the last 4 weeks, I’m looking at changing him to senior or light feed but any suggestions welcome
    [/quote]

waggietail

first thing what are you feeding him? We just cut down on my springers food and just recently changed her to burns which has improved her coat and has not put on or lost any weight…

rona

It’s ok now, he’s lost 1kg in the last week have put him on senior food for the moment and the hydrotherapy is slimming him down quite well, as he’s having 3 swims a week for a month.
    Today he has had a very upset tum, which is unusual for Alf so I expect he will be down some more next week

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime