Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

cubert clumber

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk cubert clumber

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 930 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

i say that when he goes to the door to re-enforce the asking – he understands wantout to mean do you want to go outside and that did mean for a pee but he has moved it on he understands that going to the door now means he gets to go out full stop – it doesnt mean go and stand at the door  🙂 it really means in human speak are you asking for a wee?

kizkiznobite

i have my screen quite bright so that maybe why i can just see her  🙂

he going to have a full mask i think  🙂

Anonymous

hehe 🙂

can i just ask – 2nd vid Falkor barks (at puppy?) and Mo says “Falkor No” does he then bark again because Mo “Barks” too ?

i just ask because so so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people do this *hands up hands up* but only usually when William is on one of his mindless marking spree’s !!

claire x

Gracie

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=11447.msg216379#msg216379 date=1211010267]
    most folk are not aware they have the asking to go out on a cue – they just accept dog goes to door must want out – if i ask him want out? he will go to door if a yes or look at me as if i am daft if a no…if he wants to go out as in i have not asked – he goes to door and squeaks or if in bed sits and squeaks and i re-enforced that by then saying wantout? so what he has done has fine tuned it ..he has moved it on…he goes to door looks at me and waits for me to say wantout? what many folk do after being in and out and dog not weeing is then think he messing me about and actually say something like – ‘you dont need an out…you taking the P’ but then for at least one of those times dog does need out and so they loose what they have gained and are back to square one…and 3 weeks down the line they posting on here saying dog has a wee cue but is still soiling in house…
    [/quote]

ahh but if you let them out everytime they ask you end up with how Gracie was at 9 months up at 3am to raom the garden didnt need to go, but just in case we let her out  ::)
    glad you said that yuo take them in if they dont go

you get dead and leave it already too? and is verbal praise enough at times, like in the vid?

are you looking to possibly breed Cubert and the new girlie?

GSPmad

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=11447.msg216386#msg216386 date=1211011378]
    i have my screen quite bright so that maybe why i can just see her  🙂

he going to have a full mask i think  🙂
    [/quote]

still can’t see that bit, and don’t know how to adjust the brightness on here – maybe it’ll work better on other comp.  :-\ Lightining vid must have worked to soem extent tho as I now get a view of a bum and tail instead of blackness.  ;D

what would a full mask look like – can’t think how much of the face it would cover.  ???

kizkiznobite

there is a click gracie – maybe your speakers didnt pick it up? it was a finger click but yep i done the dead and leave it as a training session already  🙂 so yep verbal is enough as you can see in the vid – once cue in place and fluent at a given criteria then no need for a food treat – he has to be able to accept my social appraisal  real fast 🙂 or another way to put it…i dont P about  😀

the mask of dorro (sp)  ;D a full mask is both eyes 2inches ish around the rim and the tear run (but not staining) to ears

1960’s eyeliner – think dusty springfield – maybe you too young  ;D ;D ok think morticia from the adams family but brown or goth’s  ;D ;D

GSPmad

have heard of dusty springfield – think my mother has an LP  ;D – but no idea what s\he looks like.  😉

i thought he had a sort of panda look round the eyes at the moment – is that what you mean?  :-\

and have remembered what i wanted to ask – does reinforcing him above the rest by having him upstairs etc when he is still a puppy and therefore presumably not a pack manager at this point not confuse everyone else about their position – like ami?

kizkiznobite

not at this stage but yep in the future will have to work on stuff but he a male so not so dire for ami to accept…male/femals PM’s have different roles – this real old territory for me – as in not since being a child …so having to dig out memory stuff and old learniing and i wasnt prepared for a boyo etc etc but…i was/am getting a girlie to be an up coming pack manger anyway – he a blip  ;D a big blip and a lovable blip but still a blip…hence my…couldnt wouldnt shouldnt but only live once……have always been up for a challenge  ;D – i am not competitive out in the field at all..but on a personal one with myself i am..heyho – we have we love we will sort (i am also a to be done tomorrow person)

will find a pic of mu …she is masked  🙂

xtine

was thinking about this earlier… so –  you got to make sure he is cued and sorted really well before the new one comes cause she will learn lots from him right?  :-\

And when she arrives.. does that mean 2 on the bed?  😀

GSPmad

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=11447.msg216446#msg216446 date=1211041359]
    not at this stage but yep in the future will have to work on stuff but he a male so not so dire for ami to accept…male/femals PM’s have different roles – this real old territory for me – as in not since being a child …so having to dig out memory stuff and old learniing and i wasnt prepared for a boyo etc etc but…i was/am getting a girlie to be an up coming pack manger anyway – he a blip  ;D a big blip and a lovable blip but still a blip…hence my…couldnt wouldnt shouldnt but only live once……have always been up for a challenge  ;D – i am not competitive out in the field at all..but on a personal one with myself i am..heyho – we have we love we will sort (i am also a to be done tomorrow person)

will find a pic of mu …she is masked  🙂
    [/quote]

what sort of stuff will you have to work on? what different roles do they have – i thought they just sorted everyone else out end of.  ;D

and how do you manage it when you get the girlie puppy and reinforce her above ami?  😮

and here’s a thought – if you want a challenge why don’t you get a bracco puppy too.  ;D ;D ;D

kizkiznobite

i have to work on…at the moment and near future …not making ami feel vunerable or pushed out and to get him to accept ami’s status without too much of a challenge and as you see from the vid that fine at the moment – he accepting that and she not bothered he has quality bevmum space

and …to say what i have said many many many times …a good pack manager is not aggressive is not a sorter by using agression …they cannot aford to be injured or put at risk…they the pack survivalists…a good pack manager is a problem solver, a diffuser, assertive but not a bully, a manager in the highest sense but…will get tough if need be when push comes to shove …brose was a perfect pack manager – gave the 3 warnings of varying intensisty, pushed to go further she would but it all cued , had the bite no bite fully cued, had the conversation sequences that happen between dogs on cue, used her own head to sort if need …ami does not have all that ..only about 70% and she thinks too much for herself at times because i did not have her at the classical conditioning stage but she does good and is my clown …she keeps me going  🙂

the roles of the boys versus girls…mm tell you what…you say what you think is the difference and why  😉

by the time any girlie pup is pre season ami will be alomost 7 – by then assuming girlie pup has been accepted into pack  – then i will re-enforce her in the normal way ..just as i would have done with ami over brose once i had retired brose (had she lived) as i had to to do with brose over hollie when i retired her …and jan over…and polly over..and et al ..it a pack survival process..it broke down on me because brose wouldnt mentally but ami was physically able to challenge…

a bracco mmm – that not just mind …that mind and body..and the body is almost knackered  ;D

kizkiznobite

have you read the bonnie post from claire …when brose was in working mode teaching bonnie to communicate – and then ami up and coming had a shot? claire actually explains what we do really well

Anonymous

and i hope she is looking down today with a proud grin on her face 🙂

kizkiznobite

nah…she laughing her socks off with a

and you got a boyo hahahahhaha you nuts  ;D ;D

but yep..i know where you at …bonnie did good – but keep that to the other thread  🙂

GSPmad

had the conversation sequences that happen between dogs on cue,

are there any posts anywhere about that because i have no idea what they are or how you would cue it.  😀

the roles of the boys versus girls…mm tell you what…you say what you think is the difference and why  😉

please don’t make me have to think….  😮 i would guess the boys do the macho strutting protect my harem stuff, and the girls do the actual work of keeping everyone in line and sorting food times etc, with his support.  😉

by the time any girlie pup is pre season ami will be alomost 7 – by then assuming girlie pup has been accepted into pack  – then i will re-enforce her in the normal way ..just as i would have done with ami over brose once i had retired brose (had she lived) as i had to to do with brose over hollie when i retired her …and jan over…and polly over..and et al ..it a pack survival process..it broke down on me because brose wouldnt mentally but ami was physically able to challenge…

but are you not reinforcing from the start if she’s upstairs with you and the others are down – or does that not matter?  ??? and how do you know the right point to swop them round and start reinforcing one over the other, do you just switch round one day and leave one downstiars and take the other upstairs, and how do they know how to swop who’s sorting food etc?

sorry, lots of questions.  :-*

and how’s the pupster today?  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 930 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime