Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

cueing to location…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Ah, get it !! Thanks Gracie  :-*

kanes mam

Stage 2

Repeat the above – if, and only if, successful, then step out sideways from the dog – then step straight back – click and reward – as you get there deliver the reward by holding it in your fingers so the dog has to work for it – the object of the exercise is that the dog stays sitting in position and lets you go alongside.
    If the dog stays in position while taking the reward – click again and freely deliver another reward.

Can anyone help as I’m a bit confused? So when you do the above you end up standing behind the dog? or are you meant to step to the side, back, then forward again next to dog? cos when I do it he stays sitting but I’m not alongside him…I dont wanna introduce tapping thigh, heel cue if he’s not by my side?

Gracie

So when you do the above you end up standing behind the dog?

no, you are stood with the dog in the heel close position, you step to the side with your right leg, then bring you left leg to meet the right (like the okay cokey  ;D ;)) then step straight back to the dog, so you back in the heel close position

you only introduce the heelclose taptap whatever when you are back in the heel position.

so you step away, step back, into heel then taptap reward  🙂

the point of it is to teach the dog its ok im in you personal space, also to teach what heel is next to me, and them the stepping away and then back taptap will be the staring blockes of you taptaping and the dog coming to you heel (but thay way ahead yet)

good luck  🙂

kanes mam

[quote author=Gracie link=topic=3154.msg169064#msg169064 date=1189029521]

so you step away, step back, into heel then taptap reward  🙂

the point of it is to teach the dog its ok im in you personal space, also to teach what heel is next to me, and them the stepping away and then back taptap will be the staring blockes of you taptaping and the dog coming to you heel (but thay way ahead yet)

good luck  🙂
    [/quote]

Oh thank you! lol doh! I thought step to the side then step back…meant backwards not back to where you started…I got it now…thanks so much.. ;D

kizkiznobite

thanks gracie – i will remember that one – the okey cokey  😀

Anonymous

also point 3 isnt clear bev – which reward does it come after the initial one or the one for stopping there

:-*

kizkiznobite

quote where you at claire…re point 3 ….am obv crap at putting into words these exercises

kizkiznobite

being re – written…

claire will demo it tomorrow when we on walkies

Hi,

Has anyone got a copy of Bev’s original post on how to teach this – I am off puppying tomorrow and need to gem up on it….

Claire x

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime