Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

dog and bone

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    stevetodd

Could you give me an indication of the amount and type that you get for 44p, ie the bone I got was enormous and full of of marrow, I was delighted (on MIll’s behalf) but it would be handy if Morrison’s was nearly as good for a fraction of the price (otherwise I will just stick with my butcher).

Changing the subject slightly how often do you give him these, I usually give him a dental chew (small) daily but I guess (?) it’s much better to give him something natural like a bone, but would 1 per day be too much do you think( course it depends on the size of it too)

Anonymous

i give him 1 a day, dont know the sort they are  :-\ they are prepacked at the butchers, just says bones on them, they arnt too big but have plenty of meat left on them
    my father in law brings me those dentistix (pedigree?) but bones do a much better job

kizkiznobite

it depends if it is a meal or a teeth cleaning bone/ treat – if a meal then the equiv of a breast of lamb with a piece of knuckle afterwards – otherwise one a day is good 🙂

Anonymous

I get bones from morrisons for the boys,they are the bone from the breast of lamb and the boys love them

stevetodd

No for Mill’s it is purely a treat, he was overweight (badly at 43kg, now 28.5) so I would like to get it right what I give him, but I don’t want to be too harsh with him, so the max treats like bones he can have I would love to give him, but obviously not at the expense of his health and fitness

kizkiznobite

bone dinners only will keep the weight off – about 2 a week  🙂

Anonymous

I went to Fishmongers for some sardines for pooch last night.  They had sold out  🙁

He had however kept me three carrier bags of chicken wings and trimmings….  ;D

Got lovely chicken stock on the go and a freezer full of goodies for pooch…  ;D

cjane

I asked the butcher for a knuckle-type bone, and he gave me a this huge thing! It’s bigger than Tai’s head! with quite a bit of meat and marrow.  It must be a beef bone.  Will it be too big for Tai for chewing?  If so, I’ll boil it for stock and pick the meat off.

CJ

Anonymous

Sounds like a beef knuckle bone.    ;D

Tai will love it.  You can limit the time that pooch has it.  I put it in a carrier bag into fridge and Nacho gets it next day.  😉

kizkiznobite

nooo – give it him  ;D keep him quiet  😀

cjane

Well the last one I gave him was tiny in comparison, probably lamb, and this has kept him quiet for hours.  It’s lasted him for three days.  I let him have for about 2 hours then take it off him.  This one will keep him going for weeks!

CJ

Anonymous

Have you tried Bevs dried pigs trotters for him,my 2 love them ,and they last for ages,good buy this week at my supplier 6 trotters 25p

Anonymous

My pooch barks at the dried ears Bev left  ;D

kizkiznobite

baa lambs ears – yummy  🙂

cjane

Got a bag of dried pig’s ears from Tesco, Tai loves them.  Can you get trotters from the butcher? How do you dry them, just stick them in the oven at low temp for few hours?

CJ

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime