Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

dog and bone

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

OK – Duibh still won’t have bones.  ::) Have tried the chicken wing bashed up (1st time not v successfully as was using a can of minestrone as the best thing I had available – it got somewhat dented – so 2nd time with a hammer) and pricked & boiling water over. It does interest him – he licks it and carries it round with him  ::) – any other suggestions on getting him to eat it – do I have to cut it into pieces for him or grind it or something?  :-\

.dodger.

have you tried smothering it in something. I used to cover luci’s in cream cheese for the first couple of ones and now she’s more than happy to tuck into them. Dodger likes a splash of oil on his ;D

xtine

Fritz has a bit of olive oil on it.. or if he in a funny ‘I’m not eating my breakfast mood’ I put them in his bowl with his tinned fish and get it all covered.. mashing up the fish.. smearing it all over the wings – he has to get in there and get all the fish off (his fav bit) and before he knows it he’s crunching his bones  😉  ::)

kizkiznobite

instead of cutting them up try butterflying a leg with the thigh on – split the meat and peel back to expose the bone – you will need a sharp knife  ;D

GSPmad

I could try smearing something on it – but knowing TheDooDog he will probably lick it off then carry the wing round.  😀 (Bit like one of those sherbet swizzelstick things..) but worth a try, thanks.  :-*

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=3409.msg214830#msg214830 date=1210305403]
    instead of cutting them up try butterflying a leg with the thigh on – split the meat and peel back to expose the bone – you will need a sharp knife  ;D
    [/quote]

Uh?  ??? Any sort of culinary term goes way over my head (words of one syllable are safest  ;D ). Does that mean I bash it up then sort of peel it like a banana?

kizkiznobite

1 chix leg with thigh
    1 knife
    turn lso skin side down
    remove bone along edge
    cut along thigh bone to the centre of leg
    peel back flesh from the thigh bone
    feed dog

GSPmad

right – not sure i did it exactly right but…. he had about half a thigh (and it took him aaaaages) or possibly slightly more, but dorain may have finished the last bit.  ;D

but he suddenly got to a point where he leapt back like it had bitten him, then started walking round and round it in circles with his nose towards it and his ears forward, sometimes prodding it then springing back.  ??? then he started barking at it….  ::)

Anonymous

He’s making sure it’s dead  ;D

kizkiznobite

;D ;D ;D (sorry)

Anonymous

hahaha !!!!!

we need video !!!!

Claire x

p.s. i cannot believe dogs exist that dont eat bones ????????????  WOW !!!  bones go like *that* in our place !

GSPmad

well that’s part of the problem here – any dorain has go in about 2 seconds flat, then he ‘hovers’ and stares at duibhs.  >:D he got told today though – duibh had taken the thigh out in the garden a few feet away from the door, and dorain went to step outside – he got a look and a growl and thought better of it.  ;D

GSPmad

guess what.  ;D this weekend my dog that refuses to have anything to do with bones decided he was happy to have a good chew on a spine (think this may have been partly a dog-dog issue and dorain was intimidating him over raw stuff  :-[ i am a badbadbad mummy) – funniest was when he piked it up and was carrying it round but didn’t get pic of that.  😀 and guess what – tartary brown stuff on teeth at 3  :-[ – but has reduced by half after one day’s bone chewing.  ;D

Attachments:

Anonymous

Dog and bones they just go together  ;D

As their pack leader you should not let dorain badger him when he’s eating his bones

GSPmad

i know.  :-[

i think dorain must have done sort of bullying over any raw stuff i had missed and that’s why duibh wouldn’t have anything to do with it  :'( – and now he’s more confident and i’m backing him up we are a bit more sorted.  😉

Awww look at him tucking in  ;D Honey wants a bone like that now shes big bones!!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime