Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog Body Language

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Dog Body Language

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

there ya go

[img width=351 height=468]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i227/Suz22/04-10-08_1947.jpg[/img]

*Nick*

Foxy, is that Niko and is he the only one on lead there?

Yes its Niko, and he’s attached to a long line but no one is holding the end  🙂

*Nick*

ok, 1 last shot from me because I have to go to bed..up at 1am for work and won’t be back until Sunday afternoon  :surrender:  Hopefully this thread will still be going strong.

Niko appears to know 1 or both of these dogs and has decided that he’d rather find something else to do.  Brown dog looks uncomfortable bordering on pissed off at the advances of the wooly shepherd(?). Wooly seems defensive but also socially clumsy….hmmmm this is a tough one because I can’t see much of the wooly one.    My guess is that “words” were spoken between the two but it ended quickly and everyone left a bit on edge and annoyed.

or I could be totally wrong  :canadian:

*Nick*

We still have to do the Honey pic but I’ll leave you with one as well.

[img width=468 height=263]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/nmitchell1_photos/P1000041.jpg[/img]

Justine&Rafe

Erm, first guess…

Honey and spaniel…

It’s a toughy… my first guess was that the spaniel was in ready-to-play mode with Honey being waggy and having a bit of a bark, or perhaps a face-chew!  They look too close together and the spaniel too keen for Honey to have been giving a get-outta-my-face bark at him/her.  Do they know each other well, then?

Sadie and other dog…

Look at her little tail down and really polite subordinate pose going up to dog.  Dog has same pose as beagle in earlier pic, hackles ever so slightly up… Not agressive, but he wants to come out on top in this encounter, and were he approached by another dog with a similar pose, it would be a different outcome.  Sadie however is all appeasement, and I imagine that they pretty soon chilled out after that, and the dog relaxed his pose and hackles.  May even have gone for a nice play.

Just a guess….!

Justine&Rafe

OMG!!  Only just noticed the camouflaged Husky in the background!!  Need an eye test. Doh.

I’ve changed my mind, Sadie’s probably going Oh Sh*t!  Two big hulking guys and only one supermodel between them!

She’s all appeasement and trying to make sure any aggro isn’t directed at her.  Neither of the other two dogs are showing any overt signs of agression, and the husky looks fairly relaxed.  I certainly wouldn’t expect a scrap to arise from it, but would be interested to know exactly what happened.

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=13474.msg257926#msg257926 date=1232139754]
    WooHoo!

and Kerrie, you’re right, we should expand this to include single dog pictures as well. Doesn’t have to be relating to another dog either.  That’s a fab pic of Stan!
    [/quote]

thanks for the compliment ;D i think it would be a good idea is i dont actualy have any pictures of stan with another dog

Honey not barking shes panting….but yep they know each toher  🙂

*Nick*

xxpsychexx well done that’s pretty damn close !  Sadie is very much a one -on- one dog. She does get tentative when there is a pack bigger than three.  She also is very wary of Huskies and malamutes. Not sure why, she just always has been.  These 2 dogs were together and Sadie made the first advance, since she has to say hello to every dog she sees  ::)  She is all about appeasement but she also doesn’t take any crap.  To see exactly what happened in the next few seconds of this encounter watch this video …[img width=468 height=382]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/nmitchell1_photos/th_P1000041-1.jpg[/img]

Right after the video is done I called Sadie , since it didn’t appear that they were going to play, and we headed off into the woods.

Well done!

*Nick*

Honey has had enough and is just about to launch an attack worthy of the killer rabbit in the Holy Grail!  Spanner ran for the hills and Honey took her rightful place on her throne and all was once again right with the world!

yup, pretty sure that’s what happened!  😉

Justine&Rafe

Phew!  Test 1 done!!

Rafe had similar issues with husky/malamute types – thought it was coz one tried to eat him when he was a puppy, then a samoyed a little after that… When we met the biggest malamute in the world in the park, he (the ONLY time he’s ever done it) froze, then yelped and ran behind me!!

Malamute happened to be totally lovely, so when Rafe went back to beg for friendship they played really really nicely for ages… Hope that cured him!

Wonder then if it’s coz they look so much like wolves???  (or maybe our dogs are pansies)

Nick  😀  😀  😀

*Nick*

nobody else want to play? 

Sweetypye

Unfortunatelly I cannot play even if I wanted to as I cannot view pictures……..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime