Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog walkers in Northamptonshire?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Walking Groups Dog walkers in Northamptonshire?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Justine&Rafe

Eeek.  He’s going to hate me.

Thank god for the stickies.  At least I’ve got stuff to keep him occupied.  So far this weekend he’s learnt:

The snoozy

Flat (lying down flat out on his side – he was kinda doing it anyway, and I figured it’d be a useful one at the vet’s)

Roll over (both directions)

Tidying up his toys – still work in progress

Touch – with his nose

Paw – touch with his paw (surprisingly)

And we started on loading and unloading the washing machine.  In retrospect I probably should’ve used a tennis ball to get him started, coz the jeans were very drooly once I’d given up!!  He could get them out easily enough, but (obviously) struggled to get them in.  Decided to leave that one til another time.  Will try with ball next time!

And I took the opportunity to make him sit there while I dressed him up in scarf and hat and propped a hot water bottle next to him – then took pics.

He’s such a good dog!!!

*Lassie*

And we started on loading and unloading the washing machine.  In retrospect I probably should’ve used a tennis ball to get him started, coz the jeans were very drooly once I’d given up!!  He could get them out easily enough, but (obviously) struggled to get them in.  Decided to leave that one til another time.  Will try with ball next time!

I would think very carefully about what you teach him to put in the washing machine 😉 if you leave the door open while you get some more washing and he puts stuff in there it better be something that can survive a hot wash ;D

well done – and yep lassie lol could be your washing machine wrecked  😀

Justine&Rafe

I’ve already warned everyone else in advance to check for tennis balls before they do a wash!!

It’s a bit like the time I clickered one of our shetland ponies to rear up on command – and then my sister went into the field and he greeted her with his two front feet…  Be careful what you teach them!!

Anonymous

hehe !!

we need a video of the washing machine trick once its perfeted 😀 !!!

Justine&Rafe

Do you know, I’d totally forgotten about that, Piglet!  I think I have some serious tennis ball work to do this week!!

Anonymous

are you allowed out yet ?

provided we’re not snowed in or anything, i may be looking for walking pals in the daytime wed – fri this week 🙂

we’re friendly but barky – bring your ear muffs !!!!!

claire x

Justine&Rafe

Oh yes, thankfully been allowed out for a while now.  He really did start climbing the walls!

Friday’s a no no for me, but I’ll be free for a walk tomorrow if you fancy it?  Whereabouts are you based?  Will probs be free for up to a couple of hours, but will need to include travelling time in that… I’m based near J16 of M1.

Rafe is friendly but… well perhaps a little tooooo friendly at times.  He gets barked at quite a bit.  But will settle down after a 5 minute loopy sniff.

Anonymous

Hi,

we’re near J15/15a but can come to you / meet in the middle if there’s a nice walkies near you as we like checking out new walkies and I have smart new wellies too !! 🙂

Claire x

Claire in March am going to my sisters again – maybe i can stop at yours on way for couple hours, and we could meet rafe for walkies too?

Anonymous

hiya,

yep – sure suz 🙂

xxpsychexx – i’m free all day tomorrow will pm you with some details

claire x

Justine&Rafe

Yay woo!!  Rafe would LOVE to meet the diva.  He has a thing for assertive women.

Honey is weird round friends flatcoat – she cannot understand the whole bouncy bouncy notlooking where they going will land on your head thing  😀 she just tends to keep out the way  😀

Not sure what day am coming up but the week after crufts, so will let you know what day and time – wont stop long as will want to crack on to my sisters but a walk would be good for the diva who will have been cooped up! x

Justine&Rafe

We are always up for a walk!  If William and Bonnie dogs are coming too, the diva will have no trouble, coz after a few minutes of sniffing he’ll definitely be more interested in stealing Bonnie’s ball.

Speaking of which… Thank you very much Claire and Bonnie and William!!!!!  For a very lovely walk and for showing me the wonders of Hunsbury Park and the anticlamax of the Iron age fort!

We had a lovely time and Rafe would definitely like to see you all again soon!

xxx

Anonymous

hehe 🙂

isnt the fort amazing lol (not much to look at but apparently very historic) !!!!

this is the dig i mentioned in the inner fort –
    http://www.jwaller.co.uk/nas/Hunsbury_Hillfort.htm

this is what they recon it looked like …

did u see the piccies i took of them ?  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime