Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dougs itchy skin

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Dougs itchy skin

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    parsonsmum

Yep the shaved bit has stopped weeping now and not looking so red.
    He gets a fair bit of broccoli and spinach, carrot is his favourite and peas and beans…..so there’ll be more carbs in last 3.
    I’ll cut them down a bit go more for green veg.

A bit porky?? How very dare you!!  ;D Yeah he’s not actually as big as he appears in that pic, all scrunched up, but he is a bit ‘chunky’. I can see the difference in him just this week when he’s not eaten his usual quota.

No more biccies and I’m starting the oats this evening.
    As his gut is all inflamed and scratched should I make the oats into a porridge for a few days? Would that be easier on the gut for him?

kizkiznobite

lol…in my book they need a waist  ;D

no no no to wet oats…add fluid and then more gut fluid and you got a huge bulk in tum…

Sweetypye

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=16221.msg283043#msg283043 date=1324125606]
    thanks SP…was hoping you would pick up this thread….the only carbs i could see on the food list was bonio biscuit and whatever is in any veg/fruit…narnies for example…
    have never had a dog react to mild savlon wash…but yep my OH does…  😀

think i will try that pro bi on my ted…thanks for the link… have always been wary of buying it in tab/cap/powder form because of all the stuff in them…what dose do you use? ted is about 32K and now stuggling to keep weight on him

yep…PM i would send to the inner groin as the under front leg pit glands are prob a bit inflamed….
    [/quote]

I give mine a capsule a day, I avoid other “compounds” as , like you say, they contain “thing extraneous” to my/their needs” 🙂

*Lassie*

Off topic I know but nice to see you back sweetypye 😀

parsonsmum

Sorry to resurrect this thread,…..but here we go again!
    Doug started scratching again last weekend, not too bad at the moment but he has chewed a bald patch on his front leg.

After the allergy tests etc last December revealed nothing, and checked for fleas etc, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ll just have to try and keep his skin condition under control myself, as the vets answer is always steroids. So Doug has started on Piriton and bathing with oatmeal shampoo, and using Dermacton cream/spray.

Someone has suggested that older dogs (Doug is 9) should be fed less protein?
    He’s fed RAW so should I reduce the protein content? If so, should I up the veg? Maybe give cottage cheese, if I reduce the protein ( meat) content? I’m getting a bit confused. :-[

He loves his RAW diet, but I’m losing confidence that I’m doing it right with him.
    Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime