Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Egypt or Turkey?

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip Egypt or Turkey?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Diesel73

Hey you guys, am planning our holiday for next year. For the first time in 9 years it will be a real holiday again now that the kids are little bigger.
    And it going to be upper Afrika or somewhere on that route. We eliminated Tunis, Madagascar, even the dominicans, the abc islands and so on and got stuck with 2 countries left.
    I’m going for an all inclusive, 5star hotel, but since we never been to either countries, i don’t know how to compare ‘this’ with ‘that’.

Sunshine wants to go to Turkey, i want to go to Egypt.
    We been choosing pictures so far  ::) . We just choose a hotel we like and see which of the 2 countries it’s in. Sunshine always chooses Turkey, i choose, strangly enough, everytime a hotel in Egypt  ??? . Well accept for one hotel, that one is in Turkey. And she only choose 1 hotel in Egypt (sigh, makes it ‘easy’ ha?  ::) )

This is the one we both liked (in turkey);
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=nl&tbs=isch:1&&sa=X&ei=UDKmTL7_AsKJ4Qa-m73_DA&ved=0CB8QBSgA&q=hotel+royal+dragon+turkije&spell=1&biw=1003&bih=544

And this one is the one in egypt;
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=nl&biw=1003&bih=544&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=royal+albatros+moderna&aq=0&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=royal+albatros+&gs_rfai=

Anybody of you been there? Or somewhere else in either of the 2 countries or both perhaps? Any feedback, or thoughts are very welcome.  :yes:

*Lassie*

Parents been to Turkey – loved it – clean good food and people friendly
    We went to Egypt for the day ( cruise) it was all ‘you buy you buy’ Workmate just gone there for two weeks, daughter lives out there. She would move there if she had the chance.
    Flip a coin 😉 best of three ;D

Never been to either, but know people who have been to both places – without fail all have good things to say about turkey – many loved egypt but lots really hated it too…..

*Nick*

Gotta be Turkey. Haven’t been myself yet, but those who have, loved it.

Mudgie

Been to Egypt a few times – deep sea diving is fabby – Sharm is great for it – If you dive you really have to go visit Thistlegorm wreck totally amazing.  

Weather was fab every time we went, great sailing just really relaxing time.  Great pools by hotels – love it love it.

Turkey – full of smelly camels that spit a lot !!!

Diesel73

Ok, sofar it seems like sunshine is winning the poll hahaha 😀 . 3 Turkeys, 1 Egyptian…

btw, Mudge? Whàt exactly were you doing to those camels  ???  😀 .

*jody*

Only been to Turkey but would highy rate is, been twice went to Icemeler first year and did all the sight seeing too such as Pamukkale, Cleopatras Pool and some of the ancient ruins.  Second time we stayed in Hisaronu and made many trips to Olu Deniz nearby.

Lovely country and much to do.

Sweetypye

Just come back from a week’s holiday in Egypt, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Taba Heights on the Red Sea.

I chose it because several work colleagues recommended it and it is quieter than Sharm.

Lovely room, 4 pools, plus the sea, fitness centre, massages, several restaurants, entertainment each evening.

I went on a flop and drop, just read, slept and swam.

Half board option means you can eat all you want breakfast and dinner, no need for lunch.

Staff very friendly.

Tip, pre order water before you get there and a kettle. 

http://taba.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

You can do trips to Jordan, Israel and places of interest in Egypt. I have been to most of those places already so did not bother.

Lisa33

Very nice! Do they take weims?!  😀

Sweetypye

If they do, don’t tell me, I wanted a dog free week! 🙂

Lisa33

😀

Diesel73

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=15434.msg277398#msg277398 date=1286292630]
    If they do, don’t tell me, I wanted a dog free week! 🙂
    [/quote]
    If they take kids, don’t tell me  :whistle: … The hotel looks vèèèèèry nice  :yes: … kids went ‘no aqua park!  >:( ‘ …….. must take boyos with me, i’ll leave kids with dogsitter  >:D .

Sweetypye

No children are allowed at the lap pool (big one) so adults can enjoy a child free, quiet area, SUPER!

Diesel73

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=15434.msg277417#msg277417 date=1286450636]
    No children are allowed at the lap pool (big one) so adults can enjoy a child free, quiet area, SUPER!
    [/quote]
    ??? Huh? Really true or a joke?
    Never heard of a ‘non children allowed area’ in a hotel. One bigheaded over the top club in Saint Tropez is offlimits for kids, but an area in a hotel or resort……….. What’s next? No fat people allowed at the buffet?  ::)
    So it’s a no kid allowed hotel or what?

Sweetypye

Egypt, like all Middle Eastern countries, is extremely child friendly.  I have found that there are many many hotels all over the world that have restricted access to some facilities in order that those hotel guests who do NOT have children can relax. Thank God.

As there are 3 other pools, plus the sea and a children’s club for children there is no reason why they ned to access an olympic sized pool designed for competent swimmers who have better things to do than watch out for drowing children.

I don’t play in the children’s playground, I expect them to keep out of mine.

ps If I was running a “all you can eat” restaurant, I would view the entrance of Mr and Mrs Obese with some trepidation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime