Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Feeding – bev’s on a rant

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Very good Kiz – not that i need any persuading!

Question – Honey doesnt have eggs – should i be giving anything else instead, i dont give cheese or anything like that just gives her reallly bad tummy upset  🙁

kizkiznobite

it would be another source for her – has she ever had them in any form ? i would try her with a very lightly scrambled one to start and see if any reaction – if she ok then yeah – give her a raw one to roll about  🙂 be interesting to see if she copes with that type of protein – dont give her nay carbs at all within 6 hours of it

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=3257.msg108988#msg108988 date=1167989849]
    it would be another source for her – has she ever had them in any form ? i would try her with a very lightly scrambled one to start and see if any reaction – if she ok then yeah – give her a raw one to roll about  🙂 be interesting to see if she copes with that type of protein – dont give her nay carbs at all within 6 hours of it
    [/quote]

nope never had the eggs – i always been a little too worried to try – just incase!!! I will try that then  🙂 i do wonder what shed do with a raw whole egg though  ::) might be one for the camera!!

kizkiznobite

hehe – they usually roll it about thinking it a toy then when it breaks it is like ‘my doG – it food’  ;D
    ami see how far and how high she can throw hers – nice – especially if it lands on the wall  ::) brose has more sense – she just thwacks it with her par – sucks out the yolk often leaves the white – falkor – crunch gone – sam hasnt worked it out yet – he sits with it in mouth which produces huge streams of slobber  ::) waits for mo to say – aww havnt you got it yet – and then she cracks it for him  ::) ::) on second thoughts ….maybe he has worked it out  ;D

Anonymous

You just never know with Honey –  ::)!! I definately think sam has the right idea though  😉  ;D

Anonymous

Nacho and Bluebell get their eggs and take them to their “eating spot”.  They both bark at them and Bluebell runs around hers like she is on drugs  ::)

Nacho pushes them around a bit then paws them open.  He eats the eggs  ;D  She eats the shells  ;D  If I break them into their dishes.  He eats the eggs  ;D She eats the shells  ;D  If one is out then the shells or the eggs are left for the other returning….  ::)

Gracie

hmmm gracies seems to have gone off eggs, but then i usually crack em and mix in food, maybe i will give her a whole one and see she eats then!

schnozzles

OK… I feed our JRTrophy biscuits because it’s all natural ingredients and not tested on animals. She’s currently also fed Pedi small dog (mornings) and Baker’s meaty chunks as we’ve only had her a couple of months and we’re gradually weaning her off them and (soon) onto Naturediet for the wet food. She drinks plenty of water.

I’ve just been told this is a bad diet (OK I know about the pedi) – I won’t feed her raw meat though as I’m veggie, partly because I don’t like handling raw meat. Also, we can’t afford it at the moment! But I do want her to have the best diet we can afford to give her.

She does get a bit of stew for lunch sometimes when she’s next door, and the odd bit of cheese.

Anonymous

I know you dont want to feed raw,But dont think it is expensive ,my boy is about 38kg it costs me about £2 per week to feed him,good luck whatever you decide to feed your boy 🙂

schnozzles

She’s a girl  ;D

She does get scrambled egg sometimes actually… might try her with a raw egg… could get messy  😮

Anonymous

What about packaged raw mince? I know it is still raw meat but it is less handling for you, just tip the package add some mixer, veg/fruit and a bit of oil and done?

This is what I use Prizechoice  🙂

kizkiznobite

ok they buy it already cooked if you ok with that – you can get cooked minced chicken and fish etc from anglian meats or naturesmenu is good – just not ped or bakers – it full of crap and they test on animals  😉
    plain terrier meal good plus some of the above added – fruit and veggies – your peeling etc juice down or lightley pre cooked – soya mince etc = much cheaper than ped and bakers anyway and good wholesome food

schnozzles

Is Trophy OK then? And what about NatureDiet? I’ve been recommended it elsewhere… I don;t want to seem lazy but I’m…. OK, I’m lazy… I find it hard squeezing everything in as it is!!  ???

I could probably manage to handle mince… but if there’s something out there that I can get in a packet (e.g. Burns, naturediet, nature’s menu) that I can feed her, and just supplement her diet with a bit of meat, veg, eggs etc then that would be a good compromise I think. I’ll happily cook for her at weekends, and if OH has meat or fish I’m sure she wouldn’t mind sharing.

I was going to start getting her bones too – proper ones with marrow in… although possibly not beef as she’s mad enough already ;D

I’m trying to re-adjust my brain…

when we had a Beardie when I was ickle (I trained him but it was all so long ago) he and the cats were fed some dry food that you added hot water to and then gave it to the animals when it had cooled down – it had meat & gravy & veg in – does anyone else remember it? And ws it any good?

kizkiznobite

in a word – NO – it not good  ;D
    and ooo a beardie – brace yourself for a load of questions from val  ;D
    ok naturdiet fine – naturesmenu better at the moment as naturediet seem to have changed their recipe and no one is answering my emails re the gelatin they using  ::)
    sardines in oil? can you do that – they mega good
    bones – chicken wings – can you do raw chicken wings? or lamb ribs?
    add to it terrier meal , pasta, rice , veggies

we will talk about it  ;D

young

Im a lazy feeder  ::)

Alfie has a bone in the morning for brekkie (get them from the buchers free  😉 ) and for tea he has Naturediet plus mixer  🙂

If i do a meal in which he can eat he gets that instead. He also has sardines in oil once/twice a week mixed in with tea  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime